Thread: National RM1

Default National RM1

I have a 2012 maple rm1 mandolin that has no binding on the neck and no truss rod cover. I'm wondering if this was a limited run or a different neck. I have contacted National resophonic but have not heard back. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance, Eric.

Default Re: National RM1

I did an Google image search on "national rm1 mandolin" and found a couple which had no binding, at least one of which clearly had no truss rod cover. I was hoping to find clear indications that they weren't all of the same instrument, and found that one had a maple back, the brass cover and a strap button at the heel, one maple and brass and no strap button, and one (in the UK) was walnut back and a hot plate cover.

None of them described the neck variation as being special, or even noted it.
    ----

Playing a funky oval-hole scroll-body mandolin, several mandolins retuned to CGDA, three CGDA-tuned Flatiron mandolas, two Flatiron mandolas tuned as octave mandolins,and a six-course 25.5" scale CGDAEB-tuned Ovation Mandophone.

Love mandola?
    Join the Mandola Social Group!