Thread: Looking to see what Year my Gibson Festival-F was made & worth

Default Looking to see what Year my Gibson Festival-F was made & worth

Gibson Master Model Festival F
    Sn# 21218030Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00C3BFBB-BFDB-4D14-B0B3-4B7B6B1E3AD2.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	427.2 KB 
ID:	205201

Default Re: Looking to see what Year my Gibson Festival-F was made & wort

I have owned a few Nashville Flatiron's by I am a little out of decoding the serial numbers. If memory serves me correctly it would have been finished Dec 18, 2002 and the third one labeled that day. That would make it one of the last few Nashville flatiron mandolins made.

Should be dec 18th 2002 3rd one that day
    Danny Clark

4. The following members say thank you to Danny Clark for this post:

I was hoping that someone would chime in on value. I did know the value of Flatirons pretty well. During the pandemic, prices jumped a lot.
    The tide has seemed to have turned in the last few months and the market seems to be cooling. Your mandolin looks in pretty good shape. Price would vary quite a bit depending on condition, fret wear, set-up, any cracks or repairs, case and most importantly sound? So to give you are range I would say between $2500-$3500, at the upper end it would need to be near mint with no issues and really stand out in the sound department.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Northwest Steve For This Useful Post:

https://www.mandolincafe.com/ads/198708#198708

Essentially the same instrument but with a different name on the headstock, and from a reputable retailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Northwest Steve View Post
    I was hoping that someone would chime in on value.
    Quote Originally Posted by newton View Post
    https://www.mandolincafe.com/ads/198708#198708

Essentially the same instrument but with a different name on the headstock, and from a reputable retailer.
    No argument with what you say... "Essentially the same instrument". But right or wrong, the "G" name on the headstock makes a difference when determining value. $4499.00 would be a pretty big stretch IMO.
    "I play BG so that's what I can talk intelligently about." A line I loved and pirated from Mandoplumb

9. The following members say thank you to FLATROCK HILL for this post:

newton