Thread: Bach: Christe eleison, No.2, BWV 232

Default Bach: Christe eleison, No.2, BWV 232

This is my arrangement of Christe eleison, No.2 from the Mass in B minor (“Die h-Moll-Messe”) BWV 232 by J.S. Bach, an opening and ending melody of the duet of sopranos.

https://youtu.be/b1fQXk8xqHQ

Toomas Rannu
    Flat-backed mandolin, crafted by Viljar Kuusk in 2008 (Tallinn, Estonia)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Toomas Rannu For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

Default Re: Bach: Christe eleison, No.2, BWV 232

Nice! Thanks for posting.

Jamie
    There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. Logan Pearsall Smith, 1865 - 1946

+ Give Blood, Save a Life +

4. The following members say thank you to JEStanek for this post:

Toomas, I have sung the Quoniam from the b minor mass, which is really a duet for french horn and baritone singer. Too bad we can't get together and do that!
    Love what you are doing with these masterworks, wish I was a better player to try some of them. But I need to spend my aging-joint-limited practice time on my mandocello. At least I have those little old cello suites.
    Jim

Dr James S Imhoff
    Boston University
    Oregon Mandolin Orchestra

1912 Gibson K4 Mandocello; Thomann Mandocello; Stiver F5; American? Bowlback; Martin 00016; Dusepo Cittern/liuto cantabile

6. The following members say thank you to Jim Imhoff for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Imhoff View Post
    Toomas, I have sung the Quoniam from the b minor mass, which is really a duet for french horn and baritone singer. Too bad we can't get together and do that!
    Love what you are doing with these masterworks, wish I was a better player to try some of them. But I need to spend my aging-joint-limited practice time on my mandocello. At least I have those little old cello suites.
    Yes, “Quoniam tu solus sanctus” is a beautiful aria of a bass or a low baritone, it sounds bright, although it is accompanied by the instruments in the low register: hunting horn or Waldhorn and two bassoons. I just have the score open and I'm planning the next arrangement. It is quite often the case that pieces that I initially considered difficult or impossible to arrange turn out to be doable at some later time. I would like to hope that this is also the case with this beautiful aria. I Wish you all the best!

8. The following members say thank you to Toomas Rannu for this post: