Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: David Crosby has left us

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

Default Re: David Crosby has left us

After all this time, relevant mandolin content. A facebook post from Sarah Jarosz, the day after he passed. This link will bring you to her post, with five photos. Brad Klein posted the same photo, but this is all of it. Following is her text:

Heartbroken. I just sang on his new album three days ago.

It will always be a highlight of my life getting to make music with him. His voice and songs brought so much beauty to the world.

These photos are from our “Blue Heron Day” as Jan called it. Jeff and I went to visit him and Jan at their home in Santa Ynez. We had lunch and played with the dogs and then he drove us out to Hollister Ranch. We were the only four people on the beach. While we sat on a big rock all together a great blue heron flew directly over our heads. Croz smiled and said “I ordered that up, how bout that!” It’s how I’ll always remember him. He seemed so happy and at peace on that empty California beach.

RIP Croz

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crosby and Jarosz.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	122.5 KB 
ID:	205694

She says "sang," not "played." I wish! But if you go to this article in Spin from July 2021, "5 Albums I Can’t Live Without: David Crosby," updated last year, her album, "World On The Ground," gets an honorable mention. So one of eight. As he says:

It’s out right now. It’s a stunning record. Oh, try it, honey. It’s going to blow your mind out your f---ing ear. I like it so much, I called her up and asked her if we could sing together.

Imagine getting that call. He did, and she did.
    Last edited by journeybear; Jan-24-2023 at 6:30am. Reason: further research
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

Default Re: David Crosby has left us

The song is on youtube. Of course. Everything is on youtube. Just about. The painting on the cover is by Joan Baez.

Now, she does say she sang on "his new album," and "three days ago." That implies there's another one in the can, which could be out in a few months.

Speaking of youtube, here is the segment about him that ran on CBS Sunday Morning in 2008. Here is the tribute they ran this past Sunday, 1/22/23.

But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!