Thread: 5 Best mandolins of 2022

Default 5 Best mandolins of 2022

Like most people here, I take every written word on this forum as the gospel. That's why I was so surprised to find this video that revealed the undisputed best mandolins of 2022. Needless to say, I've put in an order for my Hola!, apparently pronounced "whole-a." Anyway, can't wait to get pickin'!

https://youtu.be/Arl1aNv-Ncc

Default Re: 5 Best mandolins of 2022

I think the bass clef on the Vangoa headstock is a nice touch!

Bill

Welcome to the world of artificial intelligence! This is the future; get used to it.
    Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls

I can't believe I keep wasting my time perusing the Mandolin Cafe Classified, Music Emporium , Gruhn Guitars and the Mandolin store, don't those guys know anything about collecting data and analyzing market trends based on random customer input.

I was surprised that Rogue is allowed to exactly copy the Vega but sell it as a Rouge.

Well let me tell you all these Gibsons and Collings and Webers simply don't have the online data to back up thier reputations, I am going exclusive hora A style to make sure I am playing what the Internet recommends.

I 'm so glad they also included references to thier electronic drum, cello and guitar lists randomly with the mandolin list, I never would have considered those instruments might have market data indicating thier alignment with my requirements for mass produced musical instruments. Its nice to know my decisions will be based on market data and not on something like personal preference What if I make a choice that is statistically out of the median purchase trend, will I be labeled as uninformed ?
    Lets face it those independent builders and re sellers just can't compete with the data driven results of the global production leaders.
    Stormy Morning Orchestra

My YouTube Channel

"Mean Old Timer, He's got grey hair, Mean Old Timer he just don't care
    Got no compassion, thinks its a sin
    All he does is sit around an play the Mandolin"

Now I can really afford a GREAT collection of mandolins. Didn't think I would ever be able to get the best 5 mandolins, WOW what a find.
    THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE JUST FOR YOUR SMILE!

LOL. I must have missed that Hora memo...

But they don't say "best" for what?
    "your posts ... very VERY opinionated ...basing your opinion/recommendations ... pot calling ...kettle... black...sarcasm...comment ...unwarranted...unnecessary...."

7. The following members say thank you to Mandobar for this post:

Tried to buy the Hola!, but they are out of stock! Dreams crushed…
    2007 Weber Custom Elite "old wood"
    2017 Ratliff R5 Custom #1148
    Several nice old Fiddles
    2007 Martin 000-15S 12 fret Auditorium-slot head
    Deering Classic Open Back
    Too many microphones

BridgerCreekBoys.com

Quote Originally Posted by mrmando View Post
    Welcome to the world of artificial intelligence! This is the future; get used to it.
    I was surrounded by ‘artificial intelligence’ at work for years. You do get used to it.
    Not all the clams are at the beach

Arrow Manouche
    Arrow Jazzbo
    Arrow G
    Clark 2 point
    Gibson F5L
    Gibson A-4
    Ratliff CountryBoy A

Quote Originally Posted by Bill McCall View Post
    I was surrounded by ‘artificial intelligence’ at work for years. You do get used to it.
    I was too, but it was way before AI….
    "your posts ... very VERY opinionated ...basing your opinion/recommendations ... pot calling ...kettle... black...sarcasm...comment ...unwarranted...unnecessary...."

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mandobar For This Useful Post:

What I think was positively AWESOME was the tone of voice of the computer that was trying to pretend to sound human. And of course pronouncing ROGUE. as RO-GAY was an especially subtle touch.

Finally, recommending one mandolin that only had one review on Amazon and it was negative... that just shows the expertise of the makers of that video.

Google is absolutely swarming with these kind of "reviews". It's really annoying since they've buried many real reviews and it makes it much harder to find information beyond just what the product page says. Now I always look for the forum of whatever hobby the thing is I'm looking for info on. That lead me here though, so perhaps it's not so bad.