Thread: Any folks open to jam in Nashville, TN (or nearby)?

Default Any folks open to jam in Nashville, TN (or nearby)?

I’ve only been at the mandolin for a short amount of time but would love to jam with other beginner / intermediate players who don’t take themselves too seriously in the Greater Nashville area. If interested, let me know!

Default Re: Any folks open to jam in Nashville, TN (or nearby)?

Definitely down to do this! I should tell you though, I'm absolutely a beginner. I'm at the "I can play whole songs but I still botch a few notes and occasionally have to start over" level. Can definitely play chords though. I'm definitely not at the point of being able to lay down a solo.

But I'm getting there. Slowly, but surely. I put in about an hour a day and I see progress most days in one form or another.

Anyway, that aside, we should make it happen some time.

Also a huge BMFS fan! You got Bridgestone tickets?

https://notsba.org/contacts/

Check this link out, Nashville Old-Time String Band Association. They have regular jams. They also sponsor/ host "Breaking Up Winter", coming up this March 2, Thursday through Sunday at Cedars of Lebanon State Park, Just a bit East of Nashville. A very nice, mostly Old Time annual festival. No contests, lots of jamming.
    Sucker for a hard luck case

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to resophonic For This Useful Post:

Definitely interested. I've played guitar for decades, but have recently decided to learn bluegrass...mandolin, banjo, and dobro. Have been looking for folks to jam/learn with. If it matters, I'm in the Spring Hill area.

Thanks for your reply snydermanwrites - ljmaddux and I are going to try to get together soon and jam/learn together. Shoot me a direct message and we can coordinate a time/place that works for everyone

Wanted to ring this bell again in case anyone else out there is interested in getting together in middle TN?

go to authentic coffee company on fri nites....they have a great jamm there

For those in the Nashville area, this is a really cool jam held a few times during the summer: https://warnerparks.org/event/full-m...arty-may-2023/

Only $10 if you bring a bluegrass instrument. Will be attending if anyone wants to join me for a beginner jam circle

Hope you all are well! I’m just learning mandolin as well but would really enjoy jamming. Let me know if there is ever room for one more. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHHuber View Post
    Hope you all are well! I’m just learning mandolin as well but would really enjoy jamming. Let me know if there is ever room for one more. Thanks!
    I was unable to successfully get us all together on this chain but still open to jamming if folks can put up with relative newcomer