Thread: Rogue RM100A $50 today

Default Rogue RM100A $50 today

If you need a beater, this price is hard to beat!

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid?icid=210190
    I guess I'll just stay right here, pick and sing a while...
    2022 Morris F5, 1995 Flatiron 2MB, 2004 Eastman 805

Default Re: Rogue RM100A $50 today

Quote Originally Posted by milli857 View Post
    If you need a beater, this price is hard to beat!

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid?icid=210190
    With free shipping it is a very good price.
    THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE JUST FOR YOUR SMILE!

There’s a bit of variation in the stock, but if you get a good set-up (important on any mando) then this really is a good deal.
    I’ve got a really cheap Stagg, I might just do a couple of recordings for the fun of it, a bit of reverb, a bit of compression… Oh yeh!

Given my username, it seems meant to be.

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

I encountered one at a jam years ago, not long after they hit the market, and while they were getting a lot of snarky comments around here. I found it played very well and sounded just fine. I will never understand how the company could produce an instrument that cheaply and still maintain decent quality. Good for them. But my beater is still also my main instrument, a teens Gibson A. Just like playing a truly good-sounding instrument, and it's sturdy enough to have survived not only this long, but ... me. But if I ever wanted an actual beater, to take white-water rafting or sky diving ...
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

I started with a Rogue, and after tweaking it using Rob Meldrum’s excellent e-book it became playable enough for me to fall in love with the mandolin. However after lowering the bridge as much as I could without major modifications it was still high enough to be somewhat painful. A few months later along came another SDOTD sale, this time for a Rogue with a pickup built in and a case for just a few dollars more, so I grabbed it intending to get more serious about setting it up. This time i unfortunately found that the instrument quality was lower, with uneven frets so that my attempt to lower the action was met with dead frets. I managed to do some leveling and made it roughly playable but gave it to an acquaintance that wanted to try an instrument, and jumped up to an Eastman to begin my real MAS journey.

Long story short, the first Rogue still sounds pretty okay and I recently gave it to another friend who wanted to see if mandolin was something he’d enjoy. And so far he’s enjoying it.