I'm putting in a good word for my dear friend Keith Harris, who is holding an ensemble playing workshop in Venice, Italy, just before and in conjunction with this year’s Venice Mandolin Festival 2023. Keith’s workshop starts on April 29, culminating in a late afternoon concert by participants on May 3. The festival starts just a few hours later, so you can easily combine the two. The workshop will focus on originals and arrangements for plucked string ensemble including Vivaldi – after all, it’s Venice – Benjamin Britten, Armin Kaufmann, and Keith himself.

Keith is one of the mandolin’s truly great pedagogues – inspiring, insightful, empathetic, and innovative in his approach to the instrument. He’s also a terrific and highly motivating ensemble leader. I guarantee you will get insights into your playing and the music which you won't get from other sources and have a great time doing it. Whether you teach or play, the experience will influence you for years to come. Plus – it’s Venice in springtime! Keith tells me there are still some openings for all instruments – mandolin, mandola, liuto/mandocello, bass instruments, and guitar. I’ve benefited enormously from Keith’s wisdom over the years and recommend his workshop most highly.

If you are interested, here is the website link for further information. Best, Bob Margo