Thread: Guitars in Classifieds

Default Guitars in Classifieds

Has the 'Guitars' section in the classifieds been removed?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (3).png 
Views:	88 
Size:	220.4 KB 
ID:	206180
    "I play BG so that's what I can talk intelligently about." A line I loved and pirated from Mandoplumb

Blog Entries

Default Re: Guitars in Classifieds

The Category link has been removed, but all of the ads are still there. You just have to search for them. On February 28 they will all be removed.

In spite of clearly posted links stating we were no longer accepting guitar ads we've had at least 30 users blow by it since Wednesday, completely ignoring the notice, and attempt to post guitars. Some succeeded, briefly. I took all of the current guitar ad owners and put their posting rights into a setting so they would be moderated first. I thought possibly people would cooperate, and again, my mistake in thinking that for however briefly I thought it a possibily. That clearly is not going to occur.

This is going to happen. It's not pretty, but neither is years of freeloading from guitar collectors and enthusiasts and the security problems, false identities, false names & locations they've brought to the site and much more. This community really does not need this. Anything to gain a free place to sell guitars without incurring a fee is the game. I wish them the best in finding somewhere else for them to play.

This is not up for public debate. Question asked, now answered.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mandolin Cafe For This Useful Post: