Thread: Dampit + Oasis = Over humidification? Bridge seems tilted

Default Dampit + Oasis = Over humidification? Bridge seems tilted

I recently spoke to a luthier who recommended I keep a dampit in my mandolin during our dry New England winter months. I had originally just been using an Oasis. I started supplementing the Oasis with a Dampit and according to my hygrometer the case humidity is between 32% and 47% (the hygromter is near the headstock so the humidity is likely higher).

I recently noticed that the bridge appears to be tilted (though I can't say when this started happening, may have been this way for a while). Does this raise any cause for concern? Should I lose the Dampit and just stick to the Oasis?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230307_082848.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	304.5 KB 
ID:	206451
    Northfield A5 Special
    Deering Goodtime Open Back

Default Re: Dampit + Oasis = Over humidification? Bridge seems tilted

The tilting of the bridge is common, and not due to humidity. When you tune it will pull the bridge forward, it's hard to see in your picture if that is what you mean. If that is the case pull it back and straighten it. If you talking about higher on the bass side most are like that and you probably didn't notice it before. The action is usually lower on the treble side, and it could be made a little thinner on that side. Be careful of too much humidity, I think I would use only one, not two. I don't use any and heat with wood, but I humidify my house, which I much prefer.
    THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE JUST FOR YOUR SMILE!