Thread: Case humidifier

Default Case humidifier

I’m sure this has been discussed before so stear me right if so. I have one of those Herco humidifiers in my Gibson hard shell case, fits snug so no banging around. However, I was recommended same thing for my new Eastman 615 that came in one of those rectangular foam cases and it’s going bounce around. Is there another case humidifier that works nicely? Or will it be ok to put it in the compartment and still be beneficial?

Default Re: Case humidifier

Quote Originally Posted by mee View Post
    I’m sure this has been discussed before so stear me right if so. I have one of those Herco humidifiers in my Gibson hard shell case, fits snug so no banging around. However, I was recommended same thing for my new Eastman 615 that came in one of those rectangular foam cases and it’s going bounce around. Is there another case humidifier that works nicely? Or will it be ok to put it in the compartment and still be beneficial?
    I just used fabric glue to secure a couple strips of Velcro in the corner of the case to secure my humidifier tube. Works fine to prevent flopping around.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pjones3 For This Useful Post:

doboingmee 

I'm a big fan of Boveda's -- they reliably keep the inside of a case around 50% -- adjusting for dry or damp.

I guess we are lucky here in the UK in not needing humidifiers, I've played mandolin for over 50 years and never used a humidifier.

Dave H
    Eastman 615 mandola
    2011 Weber Bitteroot A5
    2012 Weber Bitteroot F5
    Eastman MD 915V
    Gibson F9
    2016 Capek ' Bob ' standard scale tenor banjo
    Ibanez Artist 5 string
    2001 Paul Shippey oval hole

Having said that I have never seen a humidifier on sale in a shop here in the UK

Dave H
    Eastman 615 mandola
    2011 Weber Bitteroot A5
    2012 Weber Bitteroot F5
    Eastman MD 915V
    Gibson F9
    2016 Capek ' Bob ' standard scale tenor banjo
    Ibanez Artist 5 string
    2001 Paul Shippey oval hole

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hanson View Post
    Having said that I have never seen a humidifier on sale in a shop here in the UK

Dave H
    https://www.eaglemusicshop.com/violi...pit-humidifier - I, occasionally, use the Herco ones after/during long periods of cold, dry weather when my fret-ends tend to stick out.