Thread: Electric tenors ?

Default Electric tenors ?

Hey folks, greetings from a regular guitar player that wants to dip his toes into fifths. I experimented with FCGD tuning on a regular guitar and I really liked it so I'd though I'll get some real tenors.

I ordered the Harley Benton dreadnought one but I want to pair it with a electric or hollow-body. I see that Eastwood have some interesting archtop tenors. Are they worth it ? What else would you suggest ?

Cheers!

Default Re: Electric tenors ?

I have had a few. Had a pickup put in my blue ridge Br40t, sounds acoustic like plugged in, also had eastwoods SG shaped tenor, two humbucker and a bigsby, it can crank tunes loud and distorted. Recently got a new archtop tenor from a Canadian company that imports them from over seas. It plays well, and the single neck pickup through an acoustic amp sounds decent, and through a deluxe reverb sounds like jazz, blues or what ever you need it to be. The new eastwoods look just like the one i got. I would have purchased theirs, but it came out right after i got mine. Craven is the name. Came in burgundy , natural or blonde, and black. We got burgundy. Like some archtops that are meant to be plugged in, you can hear it unplugged, but they will never keep up with a banjo or Gibson mandolin volume wise, but more than useful fro practice or small jam circles. For guitars right under 1000, they seem decent if you like archtops, wide and deep bodies.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E68717FB-CF6C-4981-AE30-74EF73003B8E.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	206854  
    Last edited by Freddyfingers; Mar-30-2023 at 6:12pm. Reason: Photo
    Its not a backwards guitar.