Thread: Washburn 26013E mandolin

Default Washburn 26013E mandolin

This showed up at Sugar Land, Tx Guitar Center. A two point. I’m curious. Anyone have information on the model?

Default Re: Washburn 26013E mandolin

Okay, I don't think the coding is right in their ad and it is 1920s not 40s- the description is woeful "Used 1940s Washburn 26013 E Antique Natural Mandolin. There's a couple of small cracks, does not affect the sound or playing. " Far too expensive I would reckon at $700. It looks like a Style E or possibly an F or G 2434 or 2442 or 2427 but we don't have any details as far as I can see to help narrow it down. I would assume these models were all made by Regal.
    Here is a 2427 below. Depending on the wood, and other adornments the price point would be made and there were a number for these- up to $30 it seems. This one the 2427 has fancier inlays and tailpiece cover.

https://jakewildwood.blogspot.com/20...tyle-2427.html

Here is a thread about this mandolin above:
    https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/t...Point-Flatback

I have realised that 26013 is its registration number- circa 1924 and I assume the E makes it definitely a model E. This would mean it has rosewood back and sides making it more desirable and the model was sold for $30 about 1923 according to an old advertisement from that year. The wood makes it more desirable but you need more info and I still think it is priced too high as it has cracks etc and you need to confirm more about it- the wood etc but I assume the shop does not know or this would be stated and they were 20 years out with its date.

Thanks for the information. I also thought it overpriced, especially considering what work it might need. The buy, shipping fee and return policy has worked well for me in the past; however, I’m going to pass