Thread: New Jersey Bluegrass and Oldtime Jam!

Default New Jersey Bluegrass and Oldtime Jam!

The Bluegrass & Old Time Music Association (BOTMA) presents a live bluegrass, old time and folk concert and jam session on Sunday, April 16th. The concert runs from 1 p.m. until 5 p.m. Musical acts scheduled to appear are: Cranberry Jam, DuneGrass, Libby Prison Minstrels and Sawmill Run.

In addition to the concert, there will be a Jamming Workshop for people who want to learn to play comfortably with other people, a moderated Strictly Bluegrass Jam and a rollicking Old Time Jam. There are also additional rooms for acoustic musicians to bring their instruments and meet other people to jam with.

Everyone is welcome to all events happening that day, either with an instrument or to simply listen in. The show will take place in the auditorium of the Embury United Methodist Church at 49 Church Street, Little Silver, NJ, 07739. The doors open at 12 noon and admission is $8.

For more information regarding the show: www.njbluegrass.org or call (732) 580-9937
    "It's comparable to playing a cheese slicer."
    --M. Stillion

"Bargain instruments are no bargains if you can't play them"
    --J. Garber

Default Re: New Jersey Bluegrass and Oldtime Jam!

Darn, I just saw this today. Missed it!

Mike, on another topic, is there a similar organization or group that would be more local to South Jersey or Philly? I've known about BOTMA of NJ for some time, but it is quite a haul for me. I'd have to commit to nearly 4 hours in a car to get to and from Little Silver. Have always been interested in the jamming workshops, would be great if there was something closer.

Default Re: New Jersey Bluegrass and Oldtime Jam!

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyPicker View Post
    Darn, I just saw this today. Missed it!

Mike, on another topic, is there a similar organization or group that would be more local to South Jersey or Philly? I've known about BOTMA of NJ for some time, but it is quite a haul for me. I'd have to commit to nearly 4 hours in a car to get to and from Little Silver. Have always been interested in the jamming workshops, would be great if there was something closer.
    You won't find workshops but there is a stage show and multiple jams at the Pinelands Cultural Society in Waretown, NJ at Albert Music Hall. There is a picking shed and porch as well as jams all over the parking lot. That happens every Saturday night with very few exceptions.

https://www.alberthall.org/

There will be another BOTMA stage show and jam on May 21st. It's always the 3rd Sunday of the month.
    "It's comparable to playing a cheese slicer."
    --M. Stillion

"Bargain instruments are no bargains if you can't play them"
    --J. Garber