Thread: Steve Pyott has passed

Default Steve Pyott has passed

I saw on Facebook that Steve Pyott recently passed away. He was a founding member of the Tenor Guitar Registry, the first online tenor guitar community, and he posted here as well. He was also involved in the development of a couple of the Eastwood tenor models (the Astrojet and LP if I remember correctly).

Steve was best known for his large collection of tenors, which include a sizeable number of rare models. This collection is now for sale. I've spoken with Steve's son, Michael, who wanted to get the word out. You can view the collection here, which also has Michael's contact information. The listings aren't 100% up to date but most of the guitars pictured are available. (I believe the Guild Duo Jet and Gibson ES-175 are sold, but most everything else is still there as of this writing.)

NFI on my part.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seonachan For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Steve Pyott has passed

Sad to learn of Steve's passing. Condolences to his family.

Thanks for sharing that news.

Saddened to see this post - Steve's enthusiasm and willingness to share information online was very helpful as I began to explore the world of tenor guitars.

RIP Steve

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

Oh my goodness! There's been so much of this lately; I'm getting a bit leery to even visit here any more. This time it involves someone I've actually had some interaction with. Quite some time ago I did some online research trying to find out whatever I could about my Triolian steel tenor guitar. I found his website and my eyes just bugged out when I saw all the info and photos there. He responded promptly to my emailed query and told me everything I wanted to know, and plenty more as well. We had a couple more exchanges, and though that was that, I appreciated his willingness to accommodate a total stranger's curiosity.

He clearly was an immense presence in the tenor guitar community and will be missed by many. RIP, Steve Pyott.
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!