Thread: Posting Non Utube Videos

Default Posting Non Utube Videos

Just shot a quick video on my pc for the the Bill Bussman instrument thread. Now I can't figure out how to post it. The "inset video" button seems to only want utube type videos with urls. Is there another way to do this? Thanks and sorry if it has been covered before.
    Jim

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Posting Non Utube Videos

I'll be curious to learn this, too. My solution (such as it is) has been to go ahead and upload the video to youtube or facebook, and then follow the steps to post from there to here. Sure, it's extra steps, but it's not too challenging. Yes, a more direct route would be nice.
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Posting Non Utube Videos

At the bottom of any page where posts are being made--you must be logged in--there is a BB Code link. It's always been there, and it goes to a page with all of the video and other customized embedding instructions. Direct link is: https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode

Unfortunately, for some of those video hosting services it's a moving target, particularly Facebook and Instagram, so what works for awhile might not if they change their rules for allowing embedding, and they do. When their videos are streamed elsewhere, it impacts their bottom line. I'll refrain from observing what I really think of this. Fortunately, most people aren't interested in embedding from those platforms as YouTube and Vimeo get most of that. I'm aware the Facebook embed is not working now but I'd guess there are fewer than a handful of those total ever embedded since being requested.