Thread: Classical mandolin workshop and performance in Morris County, NJ

Default Classical mandolin workshop and performance in Morris County, NJ

The Bloomfield Mandolin Orchestra invites individual mandolinists, mandola, mandocello and mandobass players and guitarists to participate in a one day workshop with Master Mandolinist, Carlo Aonzo. The one day workshop on Saturday, June 24th is being subsidized in large part by the orchestra, but there is a $25 pp fee to offset expenses for lunch and snacks. The rehearsal and concert the following afternoon will both be held at Saint Catherine of Siena Church in Mountain Lakes, New Jersey.

The BMO will play a mainly classical repertoire, including 2 pieces (Bruzzone, Vivaldi) with Carlo Aonzo as soloist on Sunday, June 25th. Participants must be able to read music at the intermediate level.

There is no obligation to join the BMO after this performance. In fact, several participants who have already joined us belong to neighboring mandolin groups or play on their own.

Please reach out to Kristine Massari at bmomandolin@gmail.com, if you are interested in joining us and we will send you the music. Kristine

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cantante53 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Classical mandolin workshop and performance in Morris County,

I just sent Kristine an email. I miss seeing Carlo every year when the workshops were in NYC. I highly recommend anyone who can to take advantage of this opportunity.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1