Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ordered a Northfield F5S, Received a Big Mon Wide Nut by Mistake

Default Re: Ordered a Northfield F5S, Received a Big Mon Wide Nut by Mist

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyF View Post
    Just so you know, after they contacted me earlier in the week, they said that their inventory for both the F5S and Big Mon was correct on their end, so if I hadn’t spoke up, they probably would never have been the wiser (!). Robby-
    I wonder if Northfield sent it out with the wrong paperwork attached.

In any case, it sounds like you got a great deal on the more expensive mandolin. Play it in good health.

You did the right thing. Congrats. I'm just sold a Nikon camera and lenses and am waiting to sell my Eastman 915 so I can buy a wide nut F5S. If someone accidentally sends me a Big Mon I'd have to make a hard choice between paying the difference to keep it and staying married.

When I was a kid a neighbor ordered a kit to build a sailboat in his barn. The vendor accidently shipped the kit for a bigger boat. Considering the trucking charges, they let him keep it.
    Jim

It does happen. Many years ago, friends of mine ordered two sofas. When they arrived, it was clear that they were upholstered in the wrong fabric. They pointed this out to the shop who apologised and never sent them a bill.

Hi guys,

Iím keeping it. Iím working it out with the vendor and it will end up being a pretty sweet deal.

Just so you know, after they contacted me earlier in the week, they said that their inventory for both the F5S and Big Mon was correct on their end, so if I hadnít spoke up, they probably would never have been the wiser (!).

They had the Big Mon tagged and inventoried as an F5S. It was tagged that way when I got it and thatís what it said on the receipt. They had me send photos of the label inside the instrument.

I had people in my immediate circle telling me to just ghost the vendor, but I didnít feel comfortable doing that.

Part of me is kicking myself for not just keeping quiet, knowing what I know now, but it was the right thing to do to speak up.

Anyway Iím now the proud owner of this beautiful instrument and the input I received from you all helped me make that decision so thank you!

Robby-
    Good for you! I would have done the same thing..Karma and all y'know!

Fist bump and peace sign emojisÖ

Hi guys,

Iím keeping it. Iím working it out with the vendor and it will end up being a pretty sweet deal.

Just so you know, after they contacted me earlier in the week, they said that their inventory for both the F5S and Big Mon was correct on their end, so if I hadnít spoke up, they probably would never have been the wiser (!).

They had the Big Mon tagged and inventoried as an F5S. It was tagged that way when I got it and thatís what it said on the receipt. They had me send photos of the label inside the instrument.

I had people in my immediate circle telling me to just ghost the vendor, but I didnít feel comfortable doing that.

Part of me is kicking myself for not just keeping quiet, knowing what I know now, but it was the right thing to do to speak up.

Anyway Iím now the proud owner of this beautiful instrument and the input I received from you all helped me make that decision so thank you!

Robby-
    Perhaps there was a little karmic boost from making the honest choice For me, the Big Mon tone is absolute perfection. I cased my others when I realized I was dusting them more than playing them.
    2020 Northfield Big Mon
    2016 Skip Kelley A5
    2011 Weber Gallatin A20
    2021 Northfield Flattop Octave Mandolin
    2019 Pono Flattop Octave
    Richard Beard Celtic Flattop
    And a few electrics