Thread: New to mandolin cafe and eastern shore MD

Default New to mandolin cafe and eastern shore MD

Hi - Iím an upright bass player that just started taking up the mandolin and just moved to the eastern shore of Maryland. Iím looking for jams in the area. Iíve found two so far, one in Oxford, the other in Easton. Where are there other jams on the Delmarva? Thx!

Default Re: New to mandolin cafe and eastern shore MD

If you use Facebook, there's a group called "Eastern Shore Bluegrass Association". You might inquire there. Also, another FB group, "Maryland Bluegrass" sometime publicizes Eastern Shore events.

Apologies if I'm telling you something you already know.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    If you use Facebook, there's a group called "Eastern Shore Bluegrass Association". You might inquire there. Also, another FB group, "Maryland Bluegrass" sometime publicizes Eastern Shore events.

Apologies if I'm telling you something you already know.
    Thx - I was not aware of that
    Loar 310

I'm up over the Delaware border near Chesapeake City, MD, so if you happen to be up North, I can point you toward the SE PA and Delaware Jams, but I'm less familiar with downstate.

There is a newer one day festival called Crisfield Bluegrass and Sunset festival that might be a good place to start looking for people. I also know that there was a jam before shows in Marydel years ago, but I think they moved further south-- it may be the jam in Denton.

If you're near the bridge, I know there are a few open jams in Annapolis and surrounding towns --- I think it was the Broadneck Jam.

Hope that helps a bit!