Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arthritis

Default Re: Arthritis

Voltaren is dangerous. It will affect your liver. You can read the warnings on the package. I used to be on the script and had to have my liver enzymes checked every three months.

One suggestion is to avoid all wheat, barley, rye, oats, fried foods for a month. Helped my wife's arthritis tremendously.

For a pain killer I would recommend Lakota Joint Care formula. You can buy direct from the company. It is natural. Lakotaherbs.com.

I have osteoarthritis, but itís pretty severe. My hands have been through a lot. The basal joint is espcially painful. The only thing Iíll say is that, after doing everything possible to minimize stress, my hands are better playing than not playing.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lowtone2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BGRules View Post
    For a pain killer I would recommend Lakota Joint Care formula. You can buy direct from the company. It is natural. Lakotaherbs.com.
    Burned the hide off me, but I have sensitive skin.
    Robert Johnson's mother, describing blues musicians:
    "I never did have no trouble with him until he got big enough to be round with bigger boys and off from home. Then he used to follow all these harp blowers, mandoleen (sic) and guitar players."
    Lomax, Alan, The Land where The Blues Began, NY: Pantheon, 1993, p.14.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranald View Post
    Burned the hide off me, but I have sensitive skin.
    I meant the capsules, not the topical. FYI I cannot even feel the topical when applied.

8. The following members say thank you to BGRules for this post:

Ranald 

but that's just me Bertram Henze's Avatar

I have rheumatoid arthritis and going fine on MTX, but the pain is caused by an inflammation which must be adressed separately, in my case by injection of corticoid meds directly into the affected joint.But that is a task for professionals.
    the world is better off without bad ideas, good ideas are better off without the world

10. The following members say thank you to Bertram Henze for this post:

Well, a few weeks of no sugar and limiting bread has helped a lot. We’ll see if it continues.
    2000 Flatiron

12. The following members say thank you to junderwood926 for this post:

Somebody mentioned Voltarin is toxic to cats..Is it toxic to dogs as well?

Blog Entries

Something that worked for me, may not for others.

I'd been having intermittent joint pain in my fingers when playing music for some time and it fluctuated wildly. I was pretty concerned it'd be the end of my music if it got worse. Some practices and gigs it would be really painful. Another day not at all. Couldn't figure out why. Every few years I go cold turkey on coffee because I know it's the best drug in the history of the world. Ever. Soon as I quit the pain went away and never returned, and I could tell the first day without it was the culprit. I still drink coffee a couple of times a week, but always in moderation. Interestingly, I like it a lot more when I'm not gulping down a half pot while firing away on the internet. And I sleep way, way better, though switching to yoga as my main form of exercise about a year ago helped that as well.

And as mentioned, a lot of sugar in any form is not your friend at any age, nor large amounts of alcohol. Personally never had a problem with carbs but suspect some will. Moderation is always a good thing. What you put into your body matters at any age. Your mileage may vary. There does seem to be some evidence too much coffee impacts some people more than others. And nothing will make a body worse than not sleeping well.

LATE EDIT: not pointing any of this out to suggest someone with diagnosed arthritis symptoms might be fixed by a bit of moderation, but it has the possibility of diminishing the symptoms for some, and possible eliminating them as was for my own experience.
    Last edited by Mandolin Cafe; Apr-06-2024 at 8:41am.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mandolin Cafe For This Useful Post:

but that's just me Bertram Henze's Avatar

Yes, moderation does a lot, since sugar and alcohol take top priority and block digestion of other nutrients which then go into fat instead of energy. So moderation and temporal separation from meals (goodbye to deserts, don't drink and eat) helped me to lose weight and go along with less MTX, allowing me to do my shoelaces and breathe at the same time and giving me visual reunions with body parts I hadn't seen in years.
    the world is better off without bad ideas, good ideas are better off without the world