Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got My Bush Back!

Quote Originally Posted by (Andrew Reckhart @ Jan. 26 2004,19:10)
    I've never played a 'Bush' that wasn't converted over to normal string spacing. #The two that I have had teh pleasure of getting my mitts on were both converted over. #Does it take some getting used to?

I find the Bush spacing easer to play than the standard.

Darrell
    Gibson MM #V-70335 5/2002

Great looking mando Jeremy !!!

Tennessee (Still Missing North Carolina Though!)

Thanks Mav and I find the Bush spacing much easier to play even though I had to get used to it at first, and it my be psychological since I am a Bush freak. I must admit that most mandos don't feel right anymore since I have owned my Bush.
    If F-model mandolins have F-holes then why don't A-model mandolins have A-holes???

We do any kind of repair work on any stringed instrument. That means refinishing or neck sets, fret jobs, crack repairs, brace repairs, retopping, broken headstocks, etc etc etc. Just give a holler if you need something done.
    Have a Great Day!
    Joe Vest

Do you guys only do repair work on Gibson products, or do you repair ither builders work as well?

If it has strings, used to have string, or could have strings and can be moved by one person, we fix it. In other words, guitars, basses, mandolins, banjos, fiddles, etc, etc, but no pianos. . We don't care who makes it, we can fix it.
    Have a Great Day!
    Joe Vest

Jeremy the mando looks awesome! I have a Bush model that I got in 2001. Its a lot more of a brown color than yours. I wander if they started changing the colors a little. I hear ya on the string spacing. After I got used to it I can't hardly play another mandolin. I love it. Have you ever played "between the strings" I call it. So to make an A you note the first G string, coming from the top, open and note the second G string on the second fret and with the same finger note the first D string in the same fret and hit the second D open as well as the rest of the strings. It makes an awesome Bush sound. Adam Stefey showed that to a friend of mine. Its a lot easier on the Bush spacing. Well happy picking and maybe we can compare them some day.

Tennessee (Still Missing North Carolina Though!)

Hey mdln, my Bush was built in April of 2000. It is supposed to be prototype #2 and Charlie affirmed that for me a couple of years ago. All of the Bush models I have seen are the same color as mine. As I said earlier, it usually looks very reddish in pictures. If you go look at Elderly and other dealers there pics of Bush models look the same as mine. I know the chord you are talking about and there is another little trick Bush does occasionally. When you play the Bar A chord on the G and D strings with the A and E strings open, only note one of the G strings on the 2nd fret and leave the top one open. Cool Bush sound also.
    If F-model mandolins have F-holes then why don't A-model mandolins have A-holes???

Thanks Jeremy. I hadn't thought about putting it in that arrangement. Can't wait to get home and check it out. I love that sound. I like that on the other strings as well its just harder to hit. I may have to have the strings spaced farther appart.....