Thread: Floydfest?

Planning on going to Floydfest this summer and was wondering what the camping/jam scene is like there.
    Seems like you have to leave your vehicle in a parking area to tent camp or pay for the RV area. I don't like leaving expensive little mandolins in a tent, if you know what I mean....

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
    willi

good post........I'd be interested in some of this same info....
    stroke survivor
    www.myspace.com/dtbtunz

Here is some info that was posted on the Floydfest forum in respones to my post there.

RV area is very close to all the stages/festival grounds. It is on a bit of a hill with only part of it being very level. The level area is divided up into a number of "RV" parking spaces (I forget the dimensions, but not very big) which put you very close to your neighbor. There is also some "open space" towards the bottom of the hill where it is even less level, but where you may find a little extra elbow room (especially since you are in vans). Just don't park in the designated roadways. Generally, a very well run area. They have been changing a few things each year to try to make things go smoother, so I'm not sure exactly what will happen this year. I'm guessing you will have a great time, we always have. Any other questions just let me know.
    willi