Thread: New Brentrup almost done

here's a pic of my soon to be delivered Brentrup Stealth...................

"your posts ... very VERY opinionated ...basing your opinion/recommendations ... pot calling ...kettle... black...sarcasm...comment ...unwarranted...unnecessary...."

one piece back.stealthback

"your posts ... very VERY opinionated ...basing your opinion/recommendations ... pot calling ...kettle... black...sarcasm...comment ...unwarranted...unnecessary...."

Very nice looking mandolin! I'm a big fan of both the black top and the cat's eyes.

If I may ask, does moving the sound holes farther out towards the edge affect the sound or tone? Does the top plate respond more or less with a larger center section? Finally, are the tone bars in the standard location, or were they move farther from centerline? Thanks.

jerry, those are questions that hans will have to answer. as i have not even touched this mandolin yet, i cannot even comment on the tone. i have heard it over the phone and it does sound loud and full...............but remember it is very very new. only time will tell, but i wanted something more contemporary sounding (as well as looking)

I can not answer for certain, but it's my understanding that moving the f-hole toward the rim mellows out the sound of the mandolin.

The posted new BRW 3-pointer reminded me of this gorgeous Stealth model. Mandobar, could you tell us your experience with it so far?
    Thanks.

i haven't had much time to post. we've bought a permanent residence in maine and are days from our closing. things are hectic. i really should be packing...............but

i am having a blast with this Stealth! the sound is amazing. hans is doing something different, not sure what it is and i don't want to know. it's not important what it is, but it is important to the sound. very loud, excellent tone right out of the box. i could see this becoming my main axe. lots of bark. super super responsive. a friend of mine is a luthier- (luthier to CSNY, john hiatt, johnny winter, etc.) i took it over there and he was GAGA over it.

another winner from Hans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Mandobar for the review. I wouldn't expect any less from a Brentrup.

Wow that mando looks teriffic!!