Thread: Behringer PMH2000 Powered Mixer

Does anyone own a Behringer PMH2000 Europower Powered Mixer? Can you tell me what you think of it?

I have one and I like it because it is not only inexpensive but very light and easy to transport. I have used it at a outdoor concert for about 200 people and ran two 15" JBL mains and two 12" JBL wedges through it and it was plenty powerful enought.

I also find the controls and the way it is set up to be very user friendly and easy to understand.

Now someone will post shortly how Behringer stuff doesn't last but this is the second Behringer powered mixer I have owned (sold the last after using it for 3 years) and been using this one a year with no problems and I own various mixers and Behringer equipment for recording stuff and all work fine.

Behringer powered mixer is a good bang for the buck and sounds great.

Thanks, can I ask what kind of mics you are using using?

As a soundman I wouldn't buy a Behringer if you were pointing a gun at my head! They are a very unethical company. They take other companies designs and copies them except that they change the color. They keep selling them until they get an order to 'cease and desist'.
    Also, while the company that they got the design from will only buy components in a certain grade rating, Behringer buy components from a whole span of grades. So their products vary in quality.

Well there goes my dollar.

Saving my 2 cents for a dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by (bluegrassplayer @ July 30 2006, 15:27)
    As a soundman I wouldn't buy a Behringer if you were pointing a gun at my head! They are a very unethical company. They take other companies designs and copies them except that they change the color.
    If that is something you find offensive be very careful when buying a mandolin from anyone but Gibson.

What I was looking for here was a response from people that own one of these or owned one of these so I could get some real world answers. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by (DiegoMoon @ July 31 2006, 07:29)
    If that is something you find offensive be very careful when buying a mandolin from anyone but Gibson.

What I was looking for here was a response from people that own one of these or owned one of these so I could get some real world answers. Thanks.
    Good point. Sorry.
    Saving my 2 cents for a dollar.

Loved mine until the day it decided not to turn on anymore shortly after the warranty ran out, then I found out repairs cost as much as a new unit, sheeeesh!
    mandollusional Mike

Well, that's something to consider. Thanks for the info.

Soundcraft #of England has a China made series of powered mixers, too # 300 , 600 mono; #500+500 stereo.
    all 4ohm #specs,[ W #about half that for 8ohm load.]

Or perhaps ... more channels, you say?
    Carvin 12 channel RX12-- a dozen
    http://www.carvin.com/product....CID=MXP

Made this side of the big water, too.. #

writing about music
    is like dancing,
    about architecture

The Soundcraft units have half the XLR inputs that I need. That was one of the other units I was looking at.

garded

have you read the reviews on like Zounds? It's only got a 7 out of 10 rating. Either people love it or it's a total waste. Nobody has gotten good use of customer support too, not a good sign in my book.

I'll be honest, I don't give reviews online a lot of thought. Musicians Friend has user reviews as well, they seem to love it. It's about 30 to 1 for it. My feeling on reviews is that if you get pissed off enough you'll go looking to bash it, if you like it you'll probably only place a review if you run into the opportunity. That's why I asked here for responses from folks that own them. If I go by that I've got two guys that thought they were great, of those two guys one changed his mind when it died. That could be 50/50, it could be better. I've asked the same question elsewhere and hopefully there are enough owners that will respond. Right now it's got enough inputs and features. I don't care for the speaker cables, and I'm concerned about the life expectancy. I'm still up in the air. It's about 3 inches too high for the travelling case my old system is in. We'll see. Thanks for writing.

You need 12 channels ? perhaps a look at Carvin , Hecho in San Diego, Diego.

Preamp mixer [$400], 4 out channels ... main R/L+monitor A+B .

their 1200W powered mixer [$800] #has 4 300 watt amps.

a local group has hauled a carvin around for a long time.

.. they are sold in a front and rear cover protected case too.

writing about music
    is like dancing,
    about architecture

Quote Originally Posted by (DiegoMoon @ July 30 2006, 10:31)
    Thanks, can I ask what kind of mics you are using using?
    Diego I am old school I suppose... I use Shure SM-50 vocal mics and SM-57 instrument mics. What I really like about the Behringer powered mixers is that the EQ sliders and light in them and if there is a frequency causing a lot of feedback it glows red and you just back of on them a bit, no hunting. It is great when you are in the middle of a performance and the feedback starts you can usually find in in seconds and fix it.

Also I paid $400.00 out the door for mine. If it lasts 3, 4, 5 years (and theres no reason why it shouldn't) and breaks who in there right mind wants to fix it? I just buy a new one!

They are down to 299.00 now, it's even a better deal I suppose. Thanks for the info.

I've owned two Behringer mixers, used another one last night, and frankly, their mic-pre's are suspect at best. If I were shopping for a powered mixer I'd look for a used Mackie first. The total overall sound of the Behringers has been unimpressive, and when A/B'd against other mixers the Other always wins.

They are cheap, though.
    Good luck,
    Ken
    Less talk, more pick.