Thread: "A" Mandolin Case

I just acquired a Parsons flat-top as a second mando. I really like it, BTW. It came with a nice TKL gig bag that is very handy for certain things, but I am interested in also getting a not-too-expensive shaped hardshell for it. Problem is, I have tried several aftermarket cases and they are all too large in the body. The body does fit snugly in both a Collings MT case and Breedlove case, but it is a short necked mando, almost too short for those cases and the vendors I talked to will only sell those cases with the mandos they come with. The mando is 10" wide 2 1/2" high and 24" long. Does anyone know of a brand/model# that would work, and/or a vendor who could help? The listings online rarely give the dimensions.

Modern Supercase will make pretty much what ever you want. It might be a little pricier than what your wanting to spend....but they make a great case.
    I never wanted them all, Just the ones I wanted.....

If you don't want to pay for a custom-built case, buy a cheaper case to fit an A style and stuff a cloth diaper or cleaning cloth on the end of the headstock to take up space. I do that with my Breedlove KO in a case I bought from Stewart-MacDonald.
    Keep it acoustic.

GBG:

Good advice. I actually bought a Rogue "A" hardshell case from Musician's Friend for only $22. It is too big for the instrument, but it is a surprisingly well made case for the money. I was going to send it back, but I may just take your advice and pad it out.

I am still open to advice on the original question, if anyone has an answer, though.

Mando Johnny,
    Would your Parsons fit into one of the old Gibson shaped A cases? I sold my A-1 a while ago and the buyer purchased a rectangular case seperately, so I still have the original case, which doesn't work for any of my other Mandos. If you want to check it out, I'm in StL.
    Mandogrouch

You could have someone who works in upholstery rework the case for you. I've had that done before. It is very affordable and looks like a factory job. Lp
    J.Lane Pryce