Thread: $5.00 delta planer

I just have to tell someone. I stopped ay a yard sale and saw an old small amp the old man said he would take $5.00 for it. It was a Gretch Artist, tube amp, from 1950...SOLD I said. that was Saturday, Monday I sold it for $250.00 Tuesday I went to Lowes and brought a 12 inch planer for $199.00. So I now own a planer that I have been wanting but could not get the wife to see why and it only cost me $5.00

I'm a happy boy
    Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

http://prancing-pony-agency.freeservers.com/

I once retrieved a 1966 Gibson Skylark tube amp from the dumpster.

From my years at the rec.woodworking newsgroup I know that the proper response to such a gloat is:

"You Suck!"

Realize that this is not an insult. Over at rec.woodworking (or as it's know by the galoots who hang out there: Wreck da woodworking) the phrase "You Suck!" is the highest of compliments.

However in order to keep your karma clean after taking a $250 amp from an old man for $5 you are now required to find an old widow woman in your neighborhood and then go mow her lawn. At least clean her windows for her or sumthin. Or better yet, give the old man the $50 you had left over after buying the planer. I mean, you gotta keep this karma thing in balance or else you'll be steppin in dog poop for the next year.

I thought about giving the old man some more money but I thought it might tick him off, since I played dumb when I brought the amp. and just today I told an old neighbor woman anytime she needed a ride to town or the dr or anything to let me know (her son just moved away) so I am trying to be good
    Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

http://prancing-pony-agency.freeservers.com/