Thread: International luthiers supply

Has anyone ordered from ILS recently? I have been unable to contact anyone since placing an order last week. The line is always busy. If anyone has another form of contact, I would really appreciate the info.

Thanks

Danny Smith
    Our Life Has Gone To Shed
    [url="https://www.instagram.com/ourlifehasgonetoshed/[/url]

Danny have you tried email. The phone is generally better, but if you can't get through that way try email or a fax. Their contact information can be found on this page of their website.
    Bill Snyder

I am in the same boat Danny. #It seems, ILS works at a less than "hustle and bustle" pace (like we all should). #Be patient. #

But, on the other hand, after I hang up with Stew-Mac, I walk to the front door and my package is there.

Quote Originally Posted by
    But, on the other hand, after I hang up with Stew-Mac, I walk to the front door and my package is there.
    I always order from stew-mac on saturday night so i have until monday morning to remember the things i forgot to order and get in the order changes before they ship it out.

ILS is basically a three person show. They are great great people and I'm sure there is a very good reason. They handle a huge amount of volume and I'm sure they will get back to you.....I hope so anyway.

Regarding International Luthiers Supply, Inc. I also had a very bad experience with them and ended up reporting them to the Oklahoma BBB to get a refund they refused to send back to me. I've completely severed all business dealings with them as it's a constant hassle. The line is constantly busy. I tried for 4 solid hours and finally got someone to answer. I also emailed but never got a response. That's a complete waste of time. They might be a few $ cheaper but the hassle is absolutely not worth it!

I guess that if you can't get a hold of them then you can PM me. They are about 15-20 minutes south of me. I've never been there myself, but I need to get some things from there anyway and this would give me some incentive to finally get up and go.

Micah

I don't want this to turn into a bash ILS, just wondering a better way to get a response. I have sent a few emails with no response.

Micah, I will take you up on your offer to see what the deal is. I will PM you soon.

Thanks again

Danny

You may have to PM me two or so times. My PM inbox doesn't seem to work quite right.

Micah

Well after 8 emails, 3 faxes, and 14 days of persistant telephone calls with no results, I Give Up. I hope maybe someday they are not so busy and can take my business, but until then, I will pass.

Danny

I agree Danny. #Finally got my package, but their lack of business edicate is deplorable. #This was the second and last time I will deal with them. There is no reason, in this age of technology, that communication should be so difficult. #Or shipping should take so long. #Do they want my money or not. #I cannot support a company that does not care about their own reputation or success for that matter. #If you are going to be in business, then treat it like a business and give good service to everybody all the time, not just to people "in the business." #The few dollars I saved is not worth the aggravation.

Of course we will have the ILS supporters out there, to them I say "enjoy the bad service you get from ILS." #Or, if you are getting good service and I am not...why? #There are no excuses.

Is this a harsh posting?....I don't think so. #Not compared to some of the responces given by the experienced builders on this site that pound on us first time builders, for what they think is a stupid question.

Hi Guys,

I came across this posting just after placing an order with ILS and figured I'd never see my stuff. #

As everyone's mentioned it took some effort to get somebody on the phone, but once I did the guy took my order, was able to discuss his products with some knowledge and told me my goods would arrive Wednesday or Thursday of this week. #When I got home last night the box from ILS was sitting on my porch. #Might be luck of the draw, but I have no complaints. #If anyone actually knows the owner/manager, they might copy this thread to him. #The guy really might not know how many dis-satisfied customers he has.

F. Dread

F. Dread

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by
    dstrech: Well after 8 emails, 3 faxes, and 14 days of persistant telephone calls with no results, I Give Up. I hope maybe someday they are not so busy and can take my business, but until then, I will pass.
    I agree that is an unforgivable business ethic these days. #In fact, I doubt any company could long stay in business that way unless they were trading gold nuggets for old Cracker Jack toys - or something.

I seems to me that something very disruptive might have happened at the company - if it is true they have only 3 employees a serious misfortune to one of them or a family member could grind the business to a halt. #Maybe that is what happened?
    Bernie
    ____
    Due to current budgetary restrictions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off -- sorry about the inconvenience.