Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F4 w/virzi

I have a plainer set of Waverly tuners that are on a 36 Kalamazoo KM-11. They are marked Waverly on the back side of the tuners as well.
    "It's comparable to playing a cheese slicer."
    --M. Stillion

"Bargain instruments are no bargains if you can't play them"
    --J. Garber

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by (Mandorlando @ April 29 2007, 08:26)
    i own the mandolin and it was removed from ebay and mandolin cafe simultaneously because apparently i violated everyone's rules. it will be back up shortly with better pictures, and hopefully no violations. just got really busy this weekend and didn't get to it. when it was sold to me not long ago by some folks i trust, there was no mention of peghead being repaired. i'm a player and its not something i pay attention to, but will certainly include in the next description. sounds really great.....
    Mike, I'm disappointed to read this. Appears you think you've been taken advantage of. I took the close-up shot of the scroll repair and noted it in the description on Dan's site. The ad was submitted by me on Jeff Dearinger's behalf and the information regarding the scroll repair has appeared on the Mandolin Archive for at least a year and was linked directly from the ad.

Blog Entries

Guess I'd better explain why I removed the first ad for this instrument. The following policy has been in place for years, and this instrument was on eBay and listed on the classifieds at the same time, but the ad on this site didn't mention that:

Items appearing simulteneously here and on eBay or other auction sites are in violation of our guidelines.

i don't feel taken advantage of at all....i was very happy with the transaction. #i was pleased to see the condition of the mandolin. #in fact, i bought it without reservation because i knew you were involved with the sale. what upsets me is that people ignore the inherently pleasing qualities of a mandolin like this and squeeze the life out of them because they are missing a screw here or have a scroll repaired or what have you. #but that's the age old argument and i don't wish to stir it up or cause anyone any ill feelings. #it's been my recent experience that collector types will receive an instrument and try to squeeze every penny out of you because they have an approval period, have your instrument hostage, and know that if they send it back it will look like something is wrong if you have to sell it again. # or perhaps i'm just slack about my descriptions because when i look for an instrument, i look for uniqueness of sound and playability and a total package. # so, Scott, thanks and i have no problems with that recent transaction...it was just to point out that there are those musician type folks out there who don't care about every little thing...the fact is this is an exciting mandolin and it should go to someone who has an exciting use for it....i bought it to record a piano/mandolin duet with my sister (and its prior life as a classical mandolin was intriguing to me) and we are now done with that project so i figured i'd move it along. # #the Virzi makes it incredibly dynamic and responsive, and obviously the past life it had with the quartet has opened it up in a way that only played mandolins can be open.