Thread: Flatiron festival f2 mandolin purchase?

Not trying to start another international conflict, but just wondering if anyone on here has purchased one of the new Chinese Flatirons? I see that on Musician's Friend they are back ordered so just wondering about opinions about the instrument if purchased; not the politics surrounding it.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry if this causes any distress for any of the owners of the Real Flatirons!

FWIW, I heard one played last weekend in one of the BG bands on the schedule for our monthly show. It had more than decent sound, and I collared the young man (12 years old) who was playing it and had a look. It looks very good. It looks like a Flatiron. Nice wood, good fit and finish. Since it was very new, the tightness of the sound it has could easily mature into something more. I liked it.

Dave
    Striving for mediocrity and perpetually falling short.

Here's one of the newer Flatiron F2s on ebay - except this is a slightly blemished, "used"-stamped example. # I have no interest in this financially or otherwise, but some other people might. #Looks like it could go for a pretty attractive price.<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/Flatiron-Festival-F2-Mandolin-Cremona-Burst-hard-case_W0QQitemZ280170851811QQihZ018QQcateg
    oryZ10179QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">F2 auction link</a>
    Jeff Rohrbough
    "Listen louder, play softer"

I bought one of the first of the Flatiron F2 models, the wood and workmanship is as good as any I have seen. After making minor adjustments and setting it up, it has become one of my favorites. I can understand anyone who ownes one of the American made ones being upset and let down. I compared mine to a "F" 5 Fern in the same store that I bought mine and the F-2 sounded and played better.