Thread: Blister In The Sun by The Femmes

Try this on the mando; it sounds great and is a little departure from the original. It sounds oddly appropriate. It's a good song to go into after a jam session and a few beers along the way.

really fun song. easy to play and bar crowd loves it.

I was playing Mando with a guitar player for a few years and he sang this song, I had never heard it before he sang it. In fact it was a couple of years before I heard the original. Image my surprise when I heard the drums. Great Tune.

played it this past friday night and went over real well. it is so easy, takes minimal effort for big energy and you can do anything with the vocals. loads of fun!

Not bad for 3 folk-punk boys from Wisconsin! #They could write a song. #Killer bass player to boot!

Z
    Member since 2003!

this was one of the songs i did solo, just me and my mando, i really slammed with my right hand, and kept the syncopation going. it came out darn good, and had the bar singing along. those 3 boys were darn good. simple yet complex and awful catchy tunes. next i want to try "american music"

Or how about "Add It Up," or "Gone Daddy Gone"? You'd have to really improvise to cover the xylophone solo!

where would i get the tab/chords for it?

don't know, probably alltabs or you could just search- blister in the sun chords on any engine

we do it kinda easy based on how it sounded in our heads- never compared to the album.
    we play the primary riff: G G-C C alternation starting and ending on G (if you think about the tune, you will have the riff in your head- it follows the lyric melody)then muted strings in between- chucka chucka chucka-type sound
    chorus- Em C Em C D

Here's an odd piece of info for this odd little song: most people, including myself, have thought that this song was about pleasuring one's self. On some trivia show on VH1, I believe, Gordon Gano claims that the line "big hands I know you're the one" is actually about feeling like a freak in high school because he had such small hands(?!). I don't know about that one. The line about staining his sheets still seems to speak to the more popular interpretation. Either way, I'm sure it'll always conjure up that more obvious meaning!