Thread: Pete wernick's jam camp

I've posted a piece to my blog (www.tedlehmann.blogspot.com) on the Jam Camp experience including a good many pictures of Pete, Joan, the rest of the staff and the campers. This assessment is meant to provide a general overview of Pete's Jam Camps, although my own experience with them is limited to the Merlefest camp. - Ted

Thanks Ted. I was interested in hearing about jam camp. I really enjoyed reading your blog about your experiences, it provided me with a feel for what it was like. #Great pictures too!
    "Ben Zoma said: Who is wise? He who learns from every man" Ethics of the Fathers

I enjoyed the read, and found it informative, but I have a suggestion: who is the intended audience for this? Do they really need a lesson on the basics of a bluegrass jam? I think that the piece could be just as informative but more succinct without the 'a jam is a group of 4 to 6 or 8 musicians' bits.

Of course, you know your audience and I don't, but I bet it's safe to assume the most basic understanding of bluegrass and jams in general.

And I don't mean this as a criticism, as I really enjoy your blog and I appreciate that you put so much work into it. The reviews of festivals are really informative and enjoyable to read.

Are you going to Gettysburg?

It's not that life is short, but that we waste so much of it.

--Seneca (paraphrased)

Thanks for the comment. The audience for my blog ranges from bluegrass professionals to people completely new to the genre and much in need of introductory explanations. I trust readers who have knowledge of what I'm explaining to skim over that to get to the material that more meets their needs. When I post directly to a forum, I try to focus more at the level of the members of that forum, although the level of understanding, willingness to read deeply, and thoughtfulness varies considerably there, too.
    No, I won't be at Gettysburg, but look for a preview of Strawberry Park pretty soon. We'll stay in New England and New York for the summer before heading south again in September. - Ted