Thread: Grey fox

This will be my first time and I am really looking forward to it. Who else is going?

This will be my fourth in a row. Great lineup this year. I can't wait to see the new place. I don't think I'll really miss the hill.
    All for One and One for All for One

Blog Entries

I wish, I wish, I wish....

I went the second to last year on the hill, and it was one of the highlights of my life. I loved it. I won't be going this year, but I wish I was.
    Hamlett Two-Point
    Eastman MD805
    Schertler DYN-M + Yellow
    http://www.youtube.com/ktbriggs
    https://www.facebook.com/kevin.briggs.1213

Quote Originally Posted by (The Briggadier @ July 03 2008, 21:28)
    I wish, I wish, I wish....

I went the second to last year on the hill, and it was one of the highlights of my life. I loved it. I won't be going this year, but I wish I was.
    That is too bad sure would like to hear that fern in person. Now I can't harass you into teaching me something! I am looking forward to learning a lot. I have to go a day late though (Friday)and I am really hoping I will still be able to get a semi decent spot for my tent.

Quote Originally Posted by (Evets @ July 03 2008, 20:28)
    This will be my fourth in a row. Great lineup this year. I can't wait to see the new place. I don't think I'll really miss the hill.
    The lineup looks great! I have never seen Del before and i listen to his music constantly, so I am really excited about that. It will be awesome to see Ronnie play. Also Sam Bush, Dawg,Jerry Douglass, Hot rize, and tons more.

Ask some of the volunteers where to find camp "Get a Clue". You can camp with us and meet some great folks and get a lot of pickin time in too. Not to mention a lot of good homebrew, provided by, your truly! Ev
    All for One and One for All for One

Finding a place to camp should not be a problem. The new site is larger than the old one and unlike the Hill is just about all flat. Plenty of elbow room. The only downside is that the stage area is not as steep. The Grey Fox folks are trying to enforce a new "beach chairs only" rule for seating in front of the sound board, but it may take a while for folks to catch on. The rule is that your chairs should be low enough that a basketball can't fit under the seat. They claim to have basketballs, and they say they're not afraid to use them.

Also, no one will be let in to the property before 9AM on Wednesday and the local cops will not allow any parking on the street, so plan accordingly. The "Liners" who used to camp at the foot of the hill have organized a site a few miles away for those who want to "lollygag" before the fest.

I'll be the one with the Mix carbon fiber A5. No matter how hot it gets, I'll be in tune!

Come to Gray Fox! Its a great place to meet other players and do some jamming. I will be at the D'Addario, Collings, Beard, and West Chester Music tent. We will have some neat stuff to check out from some top shelf companies, and do some festival instrument triage for those minor repairs to keep you jamming. Bill Collings has donated a Collings MF for the raffle to support the festival so buy some raffle tickets and maybe win a new mando! We had some Cafe members stop in last year but we were so busy that there wasn't much time to talk. This year we will have some extra help so hopefully the time will not be so tight. Hope to see you there! Dick Wade
    dick wade

Quietly Making Noise Dave Greenspoon's Avatar

This will be my third year at Grey Fox and I am totally psyched for the new venue, even if it does mean a longer drive for me. I'm only 45 minutes away from Ancromdale; Oak Hill is another hour. #The effort of putting together an incredible line-up to kick off the new venue was a really smart call on the festival's part. #I hope that folks coming in are charitable as the Grey Fox staff learns how to throw a festival on the new landscape. I'm also really curious to see how folks who had staked claims on certain real-estate will adjust to the new digs.

So far all the early reports are that the physical grounds are a much gentler experience. One of my congregants works for the food-service company serving the festival and his head's up is that access in/out is single-lane, and that cell service on-site is non-existant. #Suits me just fine!!!

Grey Fox is a great event, and commands a great turnout. #It can also be a little overwhelming for first-timers and if you can hook up with a veteran crew when you go it will likely make it a lot nicer for you. #A word to the wise: #camping in family camping means that you can actually get to sleep when you're done with the crazy, late night jamming elsewhere!

I don't know if anyone else is interested, but I'd love to see#a Cafe Mando-Tasting/meet-and-greet. #Maybe there's a cafe member who will be there as a vendor that would be willing to host something. #Any takers?
    Axes: Eastman MD-515 & El Rey; Eastwood S Mandola
    Amps: Fishman Loudbox 100; Rivera Clubster Royale Recording Head & R212 cab; Laney Cub 10

This will be my 7th staight year. Hope to see some of you up there.
    Fred

For those of us who can't go, but REALLY want to go, please post photos here (in this very thread) when you return from Grey Fox!
    "Ancora lmparo", said Michelangelo when he was in his 80's (I am still learning)

how about a pic from last year,
    Chris Thile and his "NEW" loar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thile_loar.JPG 
Views:	158 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	33255  

Anybody going to the Liner Picking Party?

Will we have a mandolin cafe meet up?

FREE WI-FI on-site!
    Go Long, Mule

This will be my 12th year.
    Yes I will miss The Hill

year seven for me (not including 2004, when i had to take the bar exam....).

i can't believe it's so soon!!! I'm psyched. Look for the Kings County Strings banner and you'll find me. Can't wait to settle in with all my grey fox buds. we had a little pre-party this past weekend at my friend jim's new place - in Ancramdale!! this year is going to be a great one, i'm sure.
    www.bigdrawbluegrass.com

Voight A-5
    Bayard GBOM

Tom, I remember that foggy morning, cool pic.
    Did you change your e-mail address?
    are you planning on arriving around the same time?
    Fred

Yeah, I think I was headed back from pickin. Everybody is still sleeping.
    I may have changed my email.

Unfortunately there were so many people I only see up there and now I have no idea where they will be. My group should be getting there on Wed. afternoon. I hear there is no cell phone service but Verizon will be installing a temporary tower.
    Call me 845-641-5188