Thread: New board is fantastic

Thumbs up New board is fantastic

Three cheers and great job!

Default Re: New board is fantastic

Looks good, and it's a system I'm familiar with, so one less thing to remember, great!

Are going to still use the mandolincafe.net address for this new forum, or do I need to change all my bookmarks?

I'm loving the easier, quicker searching. It's fantastic that we can now return results as posts rather than threads. I've already found lots of extra interesting stuff from the old forum that I'd missed when using old search facility!

I like the photo album idea too.

While I'm at it, could anybody tell me what the idea behind board friends/contacts is?

It seems that you can group together the people that you know and/or regularly correspond but does it make it easier to keep track of their posts or stay in touch if you use this feature?

Also, what is the difference between a friend and a contact?
    I know that a friend will be sent a friendship request (presumably a contact isn't). Any other key differences?

Thanks again for the upgrade. Several years ago, I used to perform data migration on large IT projects (for a US company called PeopleSoft) and know how much effort goes into getting these upgrades right!

Cheers
    Brendan

Quite right, this a big upgrade in every way so far as I can tell! As a web dev, I can say this was a fantastic transition, thanks so much for the hard work and creating this great community.

Blog Entries

mandolincafe.net is being retired for now. The old forum will remain where it is for some time though. Users should definitely change bookmarks, links, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ApK View Post
    Looks good, and it's a system I'm familiar with, so one less thing to remember, great!

Are going to still use the mandolincafe.net address for this new forum, or do I need to change all my bookmarks?

Quote Originally Posted by ApK View Post

The old board will remain intact in read-only mode at that address.
    "It's comparable to playing a cheese slicer."
    --M. Stillion

"Bargain instruments are no bargains if you can't play them"
    --J. Garber