Thread: Anyway to search for members

Default Anyway to search for members

Is there any way that I can search for member profiles based on their real name?

andrew

Blog Entries

Default Re: Anyway to search for members

Quote Originally Posted by thistle3585 View Post
    Is there any way that I can search for member profiles based on their real name?

andrew
    I'm going to assume you know the individual's real name, for starters. If so, an advanced search allows you to search by user name/real name. Once you find that, clicking on the user's name allows you to view their profile.

I tried that. I even searched using my own name but I get a message that says "Invalid User". I am assuming that the individuals that I am looking for don't go by their real name nor have it in their profile.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thistle3585 View Post
    I tried that. I even searched using my own name but I get a message that says "Invalid User". I am assuming that the individuals that I am looking for don't go by their real name nor have it in their profile.
    Of course you can't find yourself if you search for yourself by your given name. It's not a part of your account--there's nothing to match against. If you're doing a search by user name, and you're using someone's real name and it's not used as their board user name, you're not going to find them. It's that simple. You're asking it to search for information that is not there, which is what occurred when you searched for yourself by name.
    Last edited by Scott Tichenor; Sep-27-2008 at 11:07am.