Thread: Hootie Mandolin Tabs

Default Hootie Mandolin Tabs

Hey all, I recently posted a thread asking for songs to Serenade my Lady with on our Anniversary. I got some awesome suggestions but it just wasnt us. Our song is "Only wanna be with you" By Hootie and the Blowfish. Its us completely, from Dylan to football. I'd really like to play this for her and it seems easy if there is some mandolin chord interpratation on the song. I know this might be a long shot but its worth it. Thanks for your help!

Great line:
    Aint Bobby so cool? I only wanna be with you
    Yeah I'm tangeled up in blue.. I only wanna be with you

Formerly Know As B-MAN Bret Roberts's Avatar
    Back in Minnesota after 27 years in Europe

Default Re: Hootie Mandolin Tabs

Hope this is what your looking for!

http://www.chordie.com/song.php/song...ish/index.html

You can even move it up or down to suit you voice,

Take care
    "I'm not a loser. The fact that I didn't put a gun in my mouth years ago - that little fact makes me a winner, baby. (Al Bundy)"

Blog Entries

OK. There's ton's of tab and chords availble for guitar, why not start by using those and modifiyng some of the inversions for the mando's voice?

Jamie
    There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. Logan Pearsall Smith, 1865 - 1946

+ Give Blood, Save a Life +

Sorry, I am such a beginner! Can I take the chords for the guitar and just find the same chords on the mandolin and play them? ex. a E chord on the guitar is the same sound as a E chord on the mandolin?

Formerly Know As B-MAN Bret Roberts's Avatar
    Back in Minnesota after 27 years in Europe

Hit the link I gave you and then hit one of the songs you like, this one looks easy

http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/ww...=tab&id=273250

Then look on the right side and hit tuning, then press mandolin.

You can even move it higher or lower with the transpose button.

Give it a go.
    Last edited by Bret Roberts; Sep-29-2008 at 9:26am. Reason: wrong link
    "I'm not a loser. The fact that I didn't put a gun in my mouth years ago - that little fact makes me a winner, baby. (Al Bundy)"

Wow, that is awesome! Thank you!

Careful with the Chordie website, in my limited experience I have found that the chords for songs there are WILDLY wrong at least 50% of the time.

JFly, a chord is a chord, no matter what instrument you are on. The same goes for notes on stringed instruments, a C on a guitar is the same as the C on a mandolin. However, some instruments, such as horns and woodwinds, are "tuned" differently (for lack of a simpler way to put that) so a C on a saxophone will not be the same as a C on the mandolin.

Hootie used to practice behind my dorm, making it hard to study, and later one of my bands played with them at various festivals. I made a record with their producer. I have literally been forced to listen to that song (and others on the first two record) since the late 90s.
    Last edited by Chip Booth; Sep-29-2008 at 8:30pm. Reason: spelling error