Thread: Some 2008 Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival Pics

Default Some 2008 Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival Pics

From my perspective, it was not an impressive year for the Mandolin at Hardly Strictly Bluegrass - but it was, nevertheless a fine and entertaining festival.

With 5 stages it's pretty tough to catch it all - so I missed things like the 'Dusters with Jesse Cobb, Jodie Stecher with Peter Rowan and Joe Craven with Allison Brown.

But I did catch Tom Rozum with Laurie Lewis, Barry Mitterhoff with Hazel Dickens, Ricky Skaggs with KY Thunder, and the amazing Stuart Duncan playing with Robert Plant among others.

Not all these are depicted in my galleries but there are some decent pics here.

Enjoy!

Treblemaker

http://www.worldwideted.com/photography.htm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AATW5.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	131.8 KB 
ID:	35395  

Blog Entries

Default Re: Some 2008 Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival Pics

Nice photos, Ted. Thanks
    Jamie
    There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. Logan Pearsall Smith, 1865 - 1946

+ Give Blood, Save a Life +

Great pics and thanks, Ted. Didn't make it this year and seeing your photos helps! I particularly like the shots of Ray Benson as it brings back memories, some clearer than others, of seeing the original Asleep at The Wheel in Lawrence, KS at The Lawrence Opera House back in the 70's.

Now your'e talkin' my lingo Jim. I was at that show, and others at that venue of yesteryear. I saw Fleetwood Mac before Buckingham and that crazy girl singer joined, and Frank Zappa, and I think Savoy Brown, but that might have been in KC Memorial Hall. That was a great hall for live music, and had a long colorful history in a very historic town. Close to the bus station, too. I miss Lawrence!
    Mike Snyder