Thread: Ai Vis Lo Lop

Post Ai Vis Lo Lop

Hi all,

Does anyone have a tab and/or sheet music for Ai Vis Lo Lop that they could send my way, or point me in the direction of? It's been a favorite for some time, and I can't seem to find anything for it.

Default Re: Ai Vis Lo Lop

Try under the more common French title "J'ai vu le loup". There are several versions in 2/4 or 3/8 at ABC Tunefinder.

Also check out the Broadside Electric version on their album "More Bad News" (my favourite album of theirs).

Martin

Thank you so much!

--Pete

Smile Re: Ai Vis Lo Lop

I did a quick transcription of the song from the midi I thought sounded closest to the versions of the song I listen to for those who prefer tabs and attached it in case someone else is looking for it.

Thanks again, Martin!

Pete
    Attached Files Attached Files

No need to go via the MIDI: the ABC Tunefinder site gives you standard notation too. Here are the four main versions from the site (the others are repeats).

ABC tunefinder has almost any tune you may want, so it's a good place to visit at times like this!

Martin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tune24333.gif 
Views:	953 
Size:	4.7 KB 
ID:	35819   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tune24367.gif 
Views:	472 
Size:	1.3 KB 
ID:	35820   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tune24459.gif 
Views:	656 
Size:	2.6 KB 
ID:	35821  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tune24597.gif 
Views:	1330 
Size:	3.8 KB 
ID:	35822  

I used the midi only because it was the quickest to import and tab out programatically. I'm still getting used to reading music again (although I'm getting there, as I don't want to be stuck w/just tabs). I checked out the Broadside Electric version, and I wanted to thank you. I had never heard of them, and now I have a new group to follow

My favorite version (which is where I got my spelling of it) is played by an international minstrel troupe known as Wolgemut. It's on their CD, Danza. There's something about the shawm, Dudelsäcke (german bagpipes), and percussion combo that I love. Here's a vid of them playing it at the MD Ren Faire last month: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKd3XdOGNPw