Thread: Custom image alignment added

Blog Entries

Default Custom image alignment added

inline imageThis may fall under advanced formatting but thought some of you might wish to use this. I just added a custom BB code, that code the board uses to format text, images, fonts, etc. What I was looking for was a way to wrap text around an image instead of having the image taking up the entire width of post area by itself, creating a lot of white space. I'm going to post an example here to show you how this works.

This is certainly not any kind of requirement for adding an image to a post, but in working with the new blogging capability this morning I immediately was looking for a way to achieve this action. Didn't find one, so simply added this custom code after searching the product's home forum for the solution.

One caveat, if you're uploading the image in the process of displaying the image with this alignment, you're going to have to find out what the eventual image address is. Since it hasn't been posted yet, that's a little trickier. Just right-click and copy the image location properties or display it in a new window and copy from there. Obviously, this process is simplified a bit if the image is already uploaded.

The code to insert is:

So, for the image of Dorothy, I simply replaced 'URL of image' with the full web path to that image. This alignment trick should work for "left" as well as "right".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	align.gif 
Views:	277 
Size:	338 Bytes 
ID:	36543  

Phylum Octochordata Mike Bromley's Avatar
    Canucklehead from Cowgary, Oilberta. Spend half my time in Iraq. A wacky life.

Default Re: Custom image alignment added

Appropo use of the Ambassador of Totoland....
    Root'n Toot'n World trav'ln Rock sniff'n Microscope twiddl'n Mando Mercenary
    Tuxedo Mines
    Triggs Mandolins
    Youtube Stuff

Default Re: Custom image alignment added

Scott,

Thanks for the addition of such a cool tool.
    MLT
    Oregon Mandolin Orchestra
    Classical Mandolin Society of America
    Labraid Cytole