Thread: Groups function

Blog Entries

Default Groups function

Hi Scott et al,

Several of the Silverangel owners are mulling over starting a new space for enthusiasts of Ken and Laura's work. When these new forums first came online, we had the "groups" function enabled, and I suspect this would enable them to do what they wish within the confines of the Cafe. I also recall starting the second such group with the Silverangel theme (only beaten by the Loar sniffers...). Could we consider restarting this function?

Cheers, Jason
    Jason Anderson

"...while a great mandolin is a wonderful treat, I would venture to say that there is always more each of us can do with the tools we have available at hand. The biggest limiting factors belong to us not the instruments." Paul Glasse

Stumbling Towards Competence

Blog Entries

Default Re: Groups function

Possibly, but not in the immediate future. It's not that I don't like adding features, but these take time and need to be thought out, and often these require a lot of behind the scenes work. And, adding too many new features at once to the forum is a bit too much 'throwing the kitchen sink' at the world for my tastes. The blogging feature that was launched yesterday, believe it or not, took up about a month's back-end time, mostly due to install issues. It needs a chance to roll-out and for users and readers to get used to, and making it happen means the start of more work for us, not the end.

If you want to start a separate site, that works for me too. It's all good, and doesn't necessarily need to happen on the Cafe.

mandolinist, Mixt Company D C Blood's Avatar

Hi Y'all, I think woul I'd like to do, once I get Ken's permission, is start a Myspace site dedicated to Ken and Laura and their mandolins. There are several makers I think, that already have sites, and I think this could do nothing but help Ken get his product out more, as well as function as a gathering spot for SA owners and afficiendos...
    D C Blood Mixt Company
    '96 Ratcliff Silver Eagle/Angel
    '09 Silverangel F5 distressed
    '09 Ratcliff A model distressed
    ..Blue Chip pick user...
    www.facebook.com/davidcblood
    www.facebook.com/silverangelmandolins
    http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/album.php?albumid=109 photo album url

Blog Entries

Understood completely Scott. Thanks for the blogging function!
    Jason Anderson

"...while a great mandolin is a wonderful treat, I would venture to say that there is always more each of us can do with the tools we have available at hand. The biggest limiting factors belong to us not the instruments." Paul Glasse

Stumbling Towards Competence