Thread: Wayne Yates passes

Fetches news & information NewsFetcher's Avatar

Default Wayne Yates passes

Wayne Yates, brother to former Country Gentleman Bill Yates, passed away last night (12/11) at the age of 75. He is picture on the left in this album cover from a project he and Bill made together.Wayne worked with a number of bluegrass bands over the course of his life, including stints with both Red [...]

Read full article...

From The Bluegrass Blog: News at the speed of Bluegrass!

Posts belonging to this account are created by a software task, not a human. Don't understand what that means? This information will explain how this post got here.

Arnhem, the Netherlands; Nanjing, China; Ithaca NY USA

Default Re: Wayne Yates passes

Wayne Yates RIP -- 75 years old? Wow that makes me feel old too... I loved his playing with the Yates Brothers and Red Allen (first of the two County LP's of Red, re-issued on CD just recently as "Lonesome and Blue", se here at County Sales). They had a beautiful trio, Wayne had a very nice lead voice which Red could hammer the tenor to, and Wayne also had a smooth but hard-core mando. style. Classic stuff on "That's How I can Count on You", "Are You Waiting Just for Me" etc.

The Yates Brothers put out this CD, with guests like Bill Emerson and Larry Stevenson.

"Gone but not Forgotten".

Default Re: Wayne Yates passes

I was saddened to hear of Wayne's passing. He was a friend of my family. My mother babysat him when he was 11, Billy 7 and Ruthie 3.

I spoke with my mother tonight and she informed me that Wayne's funeral service will be on Wednesday at the Pierce Funeral Home on Rte 28 in Manassas Virginia..