Thread: Timing Out / Logging Out

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

Question Timing Out / Logging Out

Minor issue: I get logged out after a relatively short time - haven't timed it but it seems like an hour and a half or two - and then have to log in again. While I'm online I usually am looking at a few sites simultaneously, especially when one of those sites is the Café, as I'll often read something that I just have to go and find out more about. Sometimes this takes a while, and by the time I get back I've been timed out and have to log in again. This is so insignificant I feel silly asking about it, but I wonder if there is some way to adjust this, or do I just have to grin and bear it? I can do that, I just am always looking for ways to optimize my experience.
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Timing Out / Logging Out

This is a local (your PC) issue, not a board setting. Are you logging on from home or a public place like a library? Have you clicked the remember me button (don't do that at a library - which should clear the cookies upon exit or on a frequency). Check your spyware/internet security settings. What browser software and security software (Symantec, Norton, etc) are you using?

Jamie
    There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. Logan Pearsall Smith, 1865 - 1946

+ Give Blood, Save a Life +

Blog Entries

OK, well, I assumed it was a board issue because it doesn't happen to me at other sites. Of course, you know what happens when you assume ... Actually, I don't, I assumed that was a rhetorical question. Well, you know what happens when you assume ... OK, no more coffee for a while!

Ahem. I am using my home computer, and never click the "remember me" button - just a habit from years of using library computers. I remember seeing that only when I log in to email, which shouldn't affect this - am I missing something? I've got McAfee and Spyware Terminator.

I'm going to log off my computer and log back on and see if I get that prompt.

Thanks!

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

Blog Entries

Oh, THAT prompt ... D'oh!

Thanks. If that doesn't solve it I'll let you know.

D'oh!

Blog Entries

Yep - that was it. Thanks!