Thread: Sacramento area this (2/14) weekend?

Default Sacramento area this (2/14) weekend?

Hey folks--I'm heading west for a warmup weekend. I'm wondering if there are any happenings in or around Sacramento you can recommend. I'll have my commodium (needs a couple small tweaks) but won't be able to bring my main mando because I won't check it.

Sorry about the short notice but it's an impromptu, use-up-some-frequent-flyer-miles kind of trip.
    Lost on the trails of The Deep North

Default Re: Sacramento area this (2/14) weekend?

I just joined this site today. I am looking for a mandolin player for a wedding in Sacramento in August and thought this would be a good starting point. Anyone have any recommendations, please?
    shazmo@cwo.com

Might not be much going on this weekend.

There is a jam on Wednesday nights and two on Thursdays. You might want to call John Hettinger to see if there are any concerts this weekend. He is the Calif. Bluegrass Assoc. Sacramento contact. His info is: John Hettinger, CBA Sacramento Area Activities VP
    113 Puffer Way, Folsom, CA 95630 916-990-0719 E-mail: bluegrass@shaunv.com.

Live venues:

Palm's Playhouse www.palmsplayhouse.com

Freight and Salvage (in Berkeley CA) Does have John Reischman and the Jay Birds on the 14th (about 1 1/2 hr from Sac) www.thefreight.org

If you like jazz mando PM me, I can try to get you in the backroom at Skip's Music. Skip has Tiny Moore's electric mandolin.

Sac doesn't exactly have a thriving acoustic music scene.

If you like bicycling, Lance Armstrong is riding in the Tour of California. There will be the prolog in downtown Sacto Saturday. Bring a rain coat this weekend. It won't be Minnesota cold but will be in the 40s/50s.