Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fraudulent buying

Dinah Becker

Default Re: Fraudulent buying

As a claim rep of a very large Insurance Co, I am always sorry to hear when a claim is denied. I suspect though the form is a standard one many companies use. I would suggest no matter who you are insured with, you discuss the coverage with your agent/rep. You can get coverage for anything if you are willing to pay for it.

Second, I just recently read an article about how difficult it could be to get instruments with certain woods out of the country. Rosewood is one. I think it was in Fretboard Mag?? Anyway, it seems the customs folks confiscate the instruments. Just a thought of another place to check, or Notify???

With the economy in the tank, I fear we will hear more bad stories such as this.

Default Re: Fraudulent buying

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyF9 View Post
    Maybe it's a New York thing but, if you send goods out without having confirmation of funds then- you are a(n) ______________! Please, feel free to include your words in the space provided!

Yes, boys & girls there are NASTY people out there.
    I have to wonder why there is a Fraud Division of the NYPD. There shouldn't have to be one if everyone in New York knows this. Look, the guys thought they had themselves covered, they didn't. It's not like they stopped and played 5 card monte on a Manhattan street corner. Nobody would do that, would they?
    "It's comparable to playing a cheese slicer."
    --M. Stillion

"Bargain instruments are no bargains if you can't play them"
    --J. Garber