Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Top Ten Signs That You Are Into Bluegrass

Default Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are Into Bluegrass

Kim, I KNOW you are not in your 90s! You couldn't have called Mr. Wise Robert Russell before people started calling him "Chubby!"
    "I thought I knew a lot about music. Then you start digging and the deeper you go, the more there is."~John Mellencamp

"Theory only seems like rocket science when you don't know it. Once you understand it, it's more like plumbing!"~John McGann

"IT'S T-R-E-M-O-L-O, dangit!!"~Me

Part I Robert Russel Dees.

Part II Don't rightly know.

But I do know his name was changed (Unofficially I'm sure) because he was raised by his aunt and uncle..his uncles surname was Wise.

BTW. Kim you are an official 'Mandokook" (Mandolin keeper of odd knowledge)...So Wise for one so young.

You plan your family vacations to cover the most bluegrass festivals.
    Michael V. Swisher

So Kim, will we ever know the answer to Part II of the question? It's been 10 days since you posted the question and it's driving me nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by mandozilla View Post
    So Kim, will we ever know the answer to Part II of the question? It's been 10 days since you posted the question and it's driving me nuts!

Oops! I'm sorry, I got sidetracked with actual work, like at my job, which does not -- unfortunately -- involve playing the mandolin!

Yes, I'm not in my 90s... just a big fan of Chubby Wise. Did Part II require an answer?

And yes, when I first got Sirius radio, I did ask them if I could get a discount because the only channel I would be listening to is Bluegrass 65, yes!! 65 -- A very good year... when I was born... in the South land...
    Kim Roulias

Since I also play the banjo, I feel that I can say this... You know at least 4 different banjo jokes off the top of your head (and if you play the banjo, you know at least one joke for each instrument in the band to use as a comeback!!) ... Hey, if I couldn't laugh at myself Id've gone crazy months ago!

You look more forward to the local memorial day festival than the week-long trip to Florida you're taking the week after!!

Honest, both of these are true for me!