Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What song was #1 on the day you were born.

Musical Photo Junkie Chris Keth's Avatar

Default Re: What song was #1 on the day you were born.

When I was born (June 8, 1985) it was "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" by Tears for fears.

18th birthday was "Torn" by Natalie Imbruglia, which I remember kind of liking.

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Snyder View Post
    I take it that you say this sarcastically. After all the current #1 his is Right Round by Flo Rida.
    Of the two I'll take How Much is That Doggie in the Window.
    No, I meant it. No tell-tale smilies, just the mandosmiley, which I often use to indicate "ta-da!" Music has come along way since then, for better or worse. There have been some trends I've liked, trends I could do without, trends I've tried real hard to ignore, trends that have driven me away from listening to the radio. One can argue as to the extent of progress or evolution, of improvement or deterioration. I have heard a lot of good music along the way, so I'm leaning, or slouching, toward the side of progress.

I was implying that those kinds of songs were pervasive back then but gone now. "How Much is That Doggie in the Window" would be a flop now, and I expect "Right Round" would have flopped then, so how that would gauge "progress" is anyone's guess. I haven't heard "Right Round," but if I may assume it's similar to what I've heard from him, of these two I also would take that dog with the waggly tail, as I am a big fan of catchy melodies. I say this despite knowing that songs like that were exactly what the early rock 'n' rollers were rebelling against. And if I had been a teenager at the time I would have been too. But given a choice between those two examples, I'm waggin', yes indeed, I'm waggin' ...
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

Haha, Paula Abdul, "Cold Hearted"
    Swing The Mood - Jive Bunny (UK)

I'm gonna go look up the country #1 on that day, and try to redeem myself!