Thread: Bach's Goldberg Variations

Post Bach's Goldberg Variations

I currently have Glenn Gould's take on the Goldberg Variations (1955 & 1981) in my CD player. What a treat and highly recommended. Could anyone help with mandolin TAB for this music? I would really appreciate any assistance.

Default Re: Bach's Goldberg Variations

I can't help you with the tab, but standard notation is freely available from the Icking Music Archive
    Seach on that page for BWV 988, and it will take you to the Goldberg Variations. There are separate PDFs, one for the aria and each of the variations.
    David Westwick.

I also have both Gould versions on my iPod. We are really in luck. The good news is that on April 24th, WGBH Boston podcast an abbreviated string trio version of the Goldberg! There is also a 10 minute commentary about the canons.

I couldn't find these individual podcasts online but here is the iTunes store URL for them, free, of course:

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...9&id=147511169

Quote Originally Posted by David Westwick View Post
    I can't help you with the tab, but standard notation is freely available from the Icking Music Archive
    Seach on that page for BWV 988, and it will take you to the Goldberg Variations. There are separate PDFs, one for the aria and each of the variations.
    Wow! Thanks for that link! I'm always, always looking for new music, and this is a link I didn't have!