Thread: "celtic" festival in Winston Salem, NC this weekend

Blog Entries

Default "celtic" festival in Winston Salem, NC this weekend

CELTIC FESTIVAL & HIGHLAND GAMES: 7-9 p.m. May 8, 10:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. May 9, Historic Bethabara Park, 2147 Bethabara Road. Traditional Celtic music and food, athletic competitions, dancing, children's activities, vendors, Parade of Tartans and more. Free. Call 924-8191.

http://www.cityofws.org/Home/Departm...dHighlandGames

open jam (irish/trad) there tonight

Default Re: "celtic" festival in Winston Salem, NC this weekend

Thanks pickloser!
    hanknc

How did the festival go?

I used to play in the Friday Night ceili with two other folks in Winston but I moved up Vermont last summer. That was a fun event to play at.

Blog Entries

Hi WD -
    My family did the Mother's Day thing for my elderly Mom on Saturday. It had been planned for a while, so I did not get to go to the festival. Reports from picker friends were that the Friday night jam was a blast. (I had to cook for Saturday.) The music on Saturday was excellent. Lots of folks and kids there. Kilts should make a come back. I've gone to these in the past. They are lots of fun and that's a nice little park to have it in.

I'll bet you used to play with Fiddle & Bow folks. Hope you like it up in Vermont. If you had a harsh winter, just remember how hot it's going to be down here in August. We do have all these festival going on tho...hmmm...Maybe you should come on back.

Quote Originally Posted by pickloser View Post
    Hi WD -
    My family did the Mother's Day thing for my elderly Mom on Saturday. It had been planned for a while, so I did not get to go to the festival. Reports from picker friends were that the Friday night jam was a blast. (I had to cook for Saturday.) The music on Saturday was excellent. Lots of folks and kids there. Kilts should make a come back. I've gone to these in the past. They are lots of fun and that's a nice little park to have it in.

I'll bet you used to play with Fiddle & Bow folks. Hope you like it up in Vermont. If you had a harsh winter, just remember how hot it's going to be down here in August. We do have all these festival going on tho...hmmm...Maybe you should come on back.
    I played mostly with Tim Binkley and Randy Candelaria, and then at the Irish session at the brewpup downtown (forgot the name. . . )

I do love Vermont - but paid the price. In he winter the in-door humidity gets down into single digits, and my wooden flute cracked Worth it overall though.

Yes - the summers here are great!