Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Intellitouch Return Program

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

Default Intellitouch Return Program

If anyone is interested, Intellitouch has announced a trade-in program. If you send them your old tuner plus $20 they will send you a new PT10 mini tuner. If you haven't seen these, they are very cool. The whole backlit area turns green when you get your string in tune. Very helpful, and cool.

These have a list price of $39.95 and the head honcho reckons the "street price" will likely be $29.95, so when you add your postage cost to that $20 you may not be saving much. But if you are so dissatisfied with your PT1 or PT2 that you aren't using it, this may well appeal to you.

Intellitouch Trade In Program
    1321 Valwood Parkway, Suite 440
    Carrollton, TX 75006
    800-340-8890
    hello@tuners.com

Thanks to our own ApK for suggesting this in the first place!
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

Default Re: Intellitouch Return Program

There is a link to that same message on the Cafe home page that was posted yesterday. I'd be happier in advertising it if there was a mention of this program on the Intellitouch Home page. It hasn't been confirmed anyplace else on the web as far as I know. I'd call them before just sending it in.

Added: OK, I just checked their page and they have the details here. It wasn't there yesterday.
    "It's comparable to playing a cheese slicer."
    --M. Stillion

"Bargain instruments are no bargains if you can't play them"
    --J. Garber

Blog Entries

Yep. I just called to confirm and it's on.Thanks, Ma Bell, for 800 numbers!

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

It's true, everybody. Broken or working, OnBoard will swap out you older Intellitouch PT1 or PT2 model for a new PT10 "Mini" tuner. In a sense, your old Intellitouch is a $10 coupon for a new PT10 Mini.

And, we need *all* the feedback we can get, so *please* email us with your comments and observations about the new Mini.

As usual, please don't hesitate to email us at hello@tuners.com or call us at 800-340-8890.

Thanks for all the comments and help over the years, folks.

Mark Wilson
    Mark Wilson
    * Prucha "A" model acoustic
    * Terry Bales 4 string electric
    * Gary Palsmeier 5 string electric
    * '29 National Steel Resophonic

Why would I trade in my $69.95 PT1 at a cost of $20.00
    and get a $39.95 PT10 mini?

Mark,

Are you going to honor this deal at Winfield?
    GVD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sflem1039 View Post
    Why would I trade in my $69.95 PT1 at a cost of $20.00 and get a $39.95 PT10 mini?
    Well, as they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. What they don't tell you, though, is if it is broke, whatcha gonna do? Here's a way to recoup your loss if your old one isn't working. I 'm not sure if the PT1 and PT2 have lifetime guaranties, but the PT10 does. That's another consideration.

I'm going to take another crack at getting my PT10 to work then decide. Right now it's a $50 doorstop.

Pretty cool for the head honcho to ring in personally. Plus he's a picker. Now if only he were to drop the trade-in amount to $10 ... ... but then they'd be swamped. Yeah, best not to ask for trubble ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Wilson View Post
    It's true, everybody. Broken or working, OnBoard will swap out you older Intellitouch PT1 or PT2 model for a new PT10 "Mini" tuner. In a sense, your old Intellitouch is a $10 coupon for a new PT10 Mini...
    Mark, is there a limit on the number of PT1's and PT2's I can send it to get this deal?
    --M. Stillion

--J. Garber

A better clamp design and better user interface are my reasons (though I didn't pay anywhere near that much for my PT1). I just consider it a reasonable price for some improved features that I will appreciate.

OBR is a great company that stands behind their products. After 6 years of use the hinge broke on my PT1. I sent it back and they replaced the entire case for free. So I know this upgrade will be a good investment.

I have had my PT 1 for five years and all I have to do is change batteries once a year. I use it two or three times aday at least ( darn A string .) The case is old but still works. In the 60's I tried to learn how to play guitar and I could have. But we went away for the summer and I could not tune it and lost interest. This proberly saved my life because if I went to music instead of film I would have been doomed. But since I got my PT 1 , I have played every day all over the world (in my motel rooms) and now am will a life long mandolin player (not doomed.) When my PT 1 dies I will bronze it!

Quote Originally Posted by journeybear View Post
    I 'm not sure if the PT1 and PT2 have lifetime guaranties,
    They do. (Right Mark?)

if you like and use your PT-1, as I do, then obviously you would not trade it in.

Over past couple years, I've seen a lot of people say their pt-1 or pt-2 is in a drawer gathering dust, so this is a way they could get some new value out of it and be encouraged to try the new tuner.

ApK

Quote Originally Posted by Tone Monster View Post
    I have had my PT 1 for five years and all I have to do is change batteries once a year.
    TM, did you know you could get twenty 2032 batteries for less than $5 delivered on eBay?

90% of the pickers I see at jams now use those cheap Intelli 500 (as I do) both my Intellitoches are gathering dust in a drawer.

I am glad to hear they made improvements because THEY needed to to even get back part of the market that those Intelli 500 took.

BEFORE the Intelli 500's came out almost everyone I know was using the Intellitouch.

I will say the Intellitouch company does have good customer service. A band I was in a few years ago we banded togther and sent in like 3 broken of the Intitouches in together to the company and they sent back 3 brand new ones.

I have not forgotten that and if they have made any improvment to their design than can in anyway match the Intelli 500 I will buy one of their tuners for sure because I like their company.

I look forward to hear any and all reviews on the new tuners.

I have been using the Intelli 500 for a long while now and I am happy with it. It isn't perfect though. There are times when it struggles to pick up the note - and it has a little rattle with one of the buttons which I fix with a piece of scotch tape. But truth is it is avery good tuner and I don't feel any need to change to a different tuner.

But, just for the heck of it, I e mailed the Intellitouch folks and asked if they would take one of my Intelli 500 units in trade. They agreed. So, if I hear some good reports on this new tuner I may well take them up on this offer and give it a roll.
    Rob G.
    Vermont

I plan to try the PT10. But, I don't quite get the $10 trade-in.

If the street price is expected to be $29.95, why wouldn't I pay this price and just keep my old tuner? Am I missing something?
    2004 Apitius F-5 Classic

Never mind, just figured it out. I really should have my coffee before posting.
    2004 Apitius F-5 Classic

Quote Originally Posted by ApK View Post
    TM, did you know you could get twenty 2032 batteries for less than $5 delivered on eBay?

WOW,Thanks,

Yea I am wondering also what the problem is with the PT1 or 2. Mine works well with fresh batteries. As the batteries dies it drifts a bit so I change them. Otherwise it is fine. It doesn't beat my 590 auto strobe but I don't expect it to. Prettu shure I paid 40 r so for mine so why would I trade it? Does the new pt10 have some vast improvements and what are they?
    My avatar is of my OldWave Oval A

Creativity is just doing something wierd and finding out others like it.

Blog Entries

As far as I know, the main improvement with the PT10 (apart from the price, which is N/A) is that the whole backlit area changes color when you achieve correct pitch. Also, the clamp is easier to use, it's smaller, and I think it runs on just one battery. BTW, here are the FAQs. You night find out you haven't been using yours right - as I just did (ie, soft touch is best when plucking a string for tuning).

But since I put new batteries in my PT1, and realized the reason it wan't working was I had it in the wrong mode (d'oh!) I guess I'll stick with it.

BTW, thanks for the tip on buying batteries on ebay. Twenty of those babies out to last me, oh, I dunno, the rest of my life!!!

batteries have a shelf life they won't last forever.
    My avatar is of my OldWave Oval A

Creativity is just doing something wierd and finding out others like it.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bertotti View Post
    batteries have a shelf life they won't last forever.
    With a shelf life of 3-10 years depending, and a number of devices that use it, 20 is a reasonable stock of 2032 lithiums, for me anyway. I'm getting 50 A76 cells. I never seem to have enough of those.
    And some people have friends to share with. ;-)

I wonder if the new PT10 does indeed take the same battery? There is no manual posted on the site last I saw.
    Last edited by ApK; Jun-14-2009 at 8:34pm.

Quote Originally Posted by journeybear View Post
    ...the whole backlit area changes color when you achieve correct pitch...
    You are aware that the feature described has been available for a few years on some other imported tuners right? Honestly it's why I didn't stay with one brand I reviewed a while back. It actually gets annoying.
    Last edited by MikeEdgerton; Jun-14-2009 at 9:15pm.
    --M. Stillion

--J. Garber

Blog Entries

Yes the trade in is on. I mailed a P1 & P2 that wern't working well enough ,with the proper denero and mailed it yesterday. Of course I called and confirmed that the trade info was correct.
    I think Skip Kelly my get a freebe mini as a gift for his help. And if he reads this post he should pretend to be surprised when he gets it, haaa.
    Shorty

My PT-1 is a lot like a slot machine. You have to keep pushing the power button and hope you get lucky and it turns on. At first I thought it was a case of fat fingers not pushing the button in far enough so I put a felt drawer pad on it to make it more accessible, not! it really seems to have a mind of it's own. And Yes my wife and daughter paid $69.95 for it (the price sticker is still on the box) for a previous fathers day gift. So somehow having $90+ shipping into the new and improved $29.95 PT-10 seems like another poor choice. Has anyone tried the new $29.95 Sabine Zoid clip on with newer algorithms advertised in the classifieds?

Quote Originally Posted by hank View Post
    My PT-1 is a lot like a slot machine. You have to keep pushing the power button and hope you get lucky and it turns on. At first I thought it was a case of fat fingers not pushing the button in far enough so I put a felt drawer pad on it to make it more accessible, not! it really seems to have a mind of it's own. And Yes my wife and daughter paid $69.95 for it (the price sticker is still on the box) for a previous fathers day gift. So somehow having $90+ shipping into the new and improved $29.95 PT-10 seems like another poor choice. Has anyone tried the new $29.95 Sabine Zoid clip on with newer algorithms advertised in the classifieds?
    Why not just send your PT-1 for warranty replacement? Seems rather masochistic to keep it the way it is.