Thread: looking for pink floyd tabs?

Registered User newf playing a mando's Avatar

Default looking for pink floyd tabs?

I am looking for pink floyd tab " wish you were here" can anyone help?

Musical Photo Junkie Chris Keth's Avatar

Default Re: looking for pink floyd tabs?

Quote Originally Posted by newf playing a mando View Post
    I am looking for pink floyd tab " wish you were here" can anyone help?
    You ought to try sounding it out. It's very, very easy and will teach you something.

3. The following members say thank you to Chris Keth for this post:

Blog Entries

Here is one site (of many thanks to Google) with guitar chords as a start. Also, looking on you tube I found this... just watch it over and over again.

Jamie
    There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. Logan Pearsall Smith, 1865 - 1946

+ Give Blood, Save a Life +

Blog Entries

Decided to tab out my arrangement from my YouTube video of some time back.

You can go to http://www.jimrichter.com for the tab download and the YouTube link.

Even though it was on octave mandolin, it works just fine for mandolin.

Also, I'm in the midst of redesigning/uploading/transitioning my old site over to a new WordPress based site. Graphically, it definitely isn't done. Hopefully it'll make it easier for me to maintain and easier for all of you interested parties to use.

Enjoy!

Jim

Blog Entries

Newf,
    As a welcome to the Café gift, I urge you to take a look at Jim Richter's u-tube channel. He's done so many cool non-tradtional songs on very traditional mandolins that are funky and a blast to watch/get inspired by. Time spent there isn't wasted.

Jamie
    There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. Logan Pearsall Smith, 1865 - 1946

+ Give Blood, Save a Life +

Thank you Jim. I'v wanted this song as well for awhile. Really appreciated.

Jim - I was looking at your TAB and you indicate the tuning as GDAF. Is that a mistake? Did you mean GDAE?

Blog Entries

It's GDAE. The PDF says GDAE, but it's not as clear as it could be due to a poor PDF print. I need to reformat from within tabledit and print to PDF again.

Thanks for letting me know.

Registered User newf playing a mando's Avatar

thanks Jim. I ordered an octave mando and just waiting for it to come in. watching you play wish you were here on your octave is a true inspiration. Thanks .

wow! thank you jim!

Quote Originally Posted by JimRichter View Post
    Decided to tab out my arrangement from my YouTube video of some time back.

You can go to http://www.jimrichter.com for the tab download and the YouTube link.

Even though it was on octave mandolin, it works just fine for mandolin.

Also, I'm in the midst of redesigning/uploading/transitioning my old site over to a new WordPress based site. Graphically, it definitely isn't done. Hopefully it'll make it easier for me to maintain and easier for all of you interested parties to use.

Enjoy!

Jim
    I don't recommend as I paid for membership and there was no link it just burned me and now it's been two months since I emailed jim letting him know and nothing just fricking burned

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mandhojames View Post
    I don't recommend as I paid for membership and there was no link it just burned me and now it's been two months since I emailed jim letting him know and nothing just fricking burned
    I would like to respond to this. There has been a response and am confused as to the issue as your account is set up properly. I'm unclear as to the issue.

If there is some issue with the site--which happens due to free email accounts or user error--I typically give the person the account and refund their $5.

I do want to make it clear, I charge $5 for a year of every tab that is on there and any that I add. It is not Artistworks, Mandolins Heal the World, etc. I do not give lessons the site, nor do I promise refreshes of content. It is to help me fund the cost of hosting the site.

I've said in this forum and on my site that I will respond as quickly as I can, but that my site is not a business and there aren't enough "subscribers" to even pay the cost associated with it.

If someone would like the tablature to this song as a sample of what I do, I'm happy to provide it. These complaints really do push me to stop providing any access to tablature and save it purely for when I teach. Before when the site was free I had 50,000 people visit in a year and download tablature that are unique, can't be found elsewhere, and take hours to do.

So I'm sorry to anyone who feels they have been "fricking burned" That's not my intent nor is it the way I live my life. I think this pretty much cements just doing away with the subscriptions. If someone wants to donate they can. I really don't want to keep these purely for camps I teach. I just hate the headache of dealing with situations where it seems there are expectations way beyond what is being provided in terms of cost..
    Last edited by JimRichter; Apr-20-2022 at 3:29pm. Reason: grammar

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JimRichter For This Useful Post:

Although I have not renewed my membership to Jim’s site in quite some time, ( and in his defense) the $5.00 is definitely well worth all that you get and more.

Jims tabs are great.