Thread: Weill Fellowship

Default Weill Fellowship

After a lengthy audition process, I can finally announce that me and Bridget have won a fellowship with Carnegie Hall's Weill Foundation. There will be a lot of community outreach type stuff in addition to the usual performing, but one way or another you'll be seeing a lot more of us. Nothing specific to announce yet, but our next recital was already scheduled for October 4 in the beautiful Madison Ave Presbyterian Church if you want to catch us before we get wrapped up in the Carnegie thing.

Default Re: Weill Fellowship

I am --and all of us should be-- SO very proud of you, Joe! Considering the near-insurmountable difficulties that mandolinists have to face in order to even get on stage ( ) it is truly WONDERFUL, both for you and for our instrument, that you have reached such an auspicious showcase. I am confident that you will make excellent use of this fellowship, advancing both your career and the "public image" of the classical mandolin.

Bravissimo!

Cheers,

Victor
    It is not man that lives but his work. (Ioannis Kapodistrias)

Great news Joe! Congratulations and keep us posted.
    Jonathan R.

"Music is my mistress and she plays second fiddle to no one." Duke Ellington

Great news for you, and for all of us that love the mandolin. Congratulations!!

Hello Joe,

That is fantastic news for the mandolin!
    Congratulations to you and Bridget.
    Wonderful!

Best regards,

Alex

This is EXCELLENT Joe! Congrats to you and Bridget! (and congratulations on the new axe as well!)
    L.